Givi top case with Honda side bags

ninjadoc

I have the 55 on the rear of mine. It is nice to have all the room. The side bags are givi on mine though so I don't know about fitting with oem. You can't tell they are back there when riding. It doesn't weigh as much as a passenger would.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

• Member Contributer

No you can't use OEM side bags with a Givi top case, I've already looked in to it.

This sucks as Givi makes the OEM boxes for Honda and Honda has discontinued the OEM boxes for 6th gens last spring. .

Here is a picture of the rack in question. It mounts with the stock grab rails and does not interfere with stock side cases in any way.

Sorry for the lack of information. I usually keep all my paperwork but cannot find the links for where I ordered this one.

post-20655-0-44848400-1340633952.jpg

• Member Contributer

In Touring mode again

Sorry can't help you with the side cases query, I never got them. I only have the factory top box which is the same as one Givi model. I don't find it very noticeable when loaded and riding. You do have to be mindful of the extra weight when parking (especially if you need to push the bike out of where you're parked, so always park so you can ride away). Oh and watch out if you're on the centre stand as it is easier to rock the bike back onto the wheel if you're mucking about at the top box.

Archived