Bridgestone S20s

Guest JLowe

Guest JLowe

Has anyone tried them? I need new tires and am debating on the PR2(B spec) rear/PP front, the Bridgestones S20s, or Dunlop Q2s. I have pretty much ruled out the Q2s since the wear rate seems to be high compared to the Michellins. I currently run PP F/R as that's what came with the bike when I bought it and don't have any complaints about them except the wear rate on the rear. Anyways, just wondering if anyone had experience with the S20s?

newest rubber from Bridgestone is the BT023 comes in sport and GT(longer life). My mechanic had a great quote, "you are not exploring space on that thing, go with the GT version).....I am happy with them thus far

newest rubber from Bridgestone is the BT023 comes in sport and GT(longer life). My mechanic had a great quote, "you are not exploring space on that thing, go with the GT version).....I am happy with them thus far

The S20 replaces the BT016 Pro. It's a sportier tire than the BT023.

• Member Contributer

Got a set in the garage. Probably go on tomorrow or Sunday night unless I do less than 500 miles this weekend as I have 2K on the Michelins and they are starting to look tired. I should burn up the S20s this month if the weather holds up. I will post a first ride (usually 300 to 400 miles) review as soon as I get the data.

Stay Tuned

KEB

• Member Contributer

Bicycles tomorrow on the Skyway. It was posted on facebook. I believe they clear out about noon. You should swing up to the gap and join us for a 28/64/107/215/BRP run. Probably leave the gap around 9ish at the latest.

• Member Contributer

Just noticed you are from GA. Sorry about that. I was thinking of heading down 28 to Franklin and working my way to Blood Mtn and back up to Telicafe for some green tomato soup. Totally freestyling tomorrow. You listening Switchblade?

What are these magic S20's and where does one find them?

Bridgestones newest sport tire to replace to BT016. A set at Chappararall runs around 225 shipped.

Got a set in the garage. Probably go on tomorrow or Sunday night unless I do less than 500 miles this weekend as I have 2K on the Michelins and they are starting to look tired. I should burn up the S20s this month if the weather holds up. I will post a first ride (usually 300 to 400 miles) review as soon as I get the data.

Stay Tuned

KEB

Let me know. I think I'll go ahead and order the PR2/PP combo for now and see how they do on yours. BTW, we need to get together and ride sometime. I happen to live right close, LOL

• Member Contributer

What are these magic S20's and where does one find them?

Bridgestones newest sport tire to replace to BT016. A set at Chappararall runs around 225 shipped.

Ok, cool. I took a quick look at Jake Wilson earlier and couldn't find them.

• Member Contributer

Hey !

Put 330 miles on the S-20's today.

So far, sticks like glue! Turn in is quick. Much quicker than the Q2' I had been running.

I got mine from SPORTBIKETRACKGEAR.COM. $201 delivered. Not sure they are still running this special.

Lots and lots of bicycles on the Cherahola today. All mostly seemed to be going east to west.

You had to be very careful!!!! or.... was it the harley parade..... hahahahaha

Dragon was not too crowded, but the LEO presence was great. Four TN State Troopers. Two NC emergency vehicles at the state line.

I heard there was a couple of fatalaties this last week and the Governor was not in the mood to have more....

Otherwise, great day.

Well, except for the speeding ticket on the Cherohola. Rats...

see ya

bill

• Member Contributer

Shoulda read Kebriders warning about cycles on the C'hala today! Sucks about the ticket, though...

I may have to try these tires on the RC as soon as I figure out if the 190/55 fits. Used to love the BT012SS, never really tried 014, or 016's.

I used a set on my K1200S. Best tire I've ever tried (and I've tried a few), dry or wet.

But...

I wore them out in ~1800mls while in tour mode, which means I'd be lucky to get 1000 miles in play mode. I find completely unacceptable in this day and age and state of tire technology.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The S20 are intresting sure, a set I might try as I get my 5th gen back on the road....

Sooooo, I made a snap judgement and ordered Perilli Angel STs. Hoping they last till August or early September (6000-6500 miles) then by then there should be enough info on the S20s.

• Member Contributer

Angels are solid tires with decent grip mixed with better-than-average longevity. They compare well with the Michelin Pilot Road 2s or Road 3s though the Michelins last slightly longer and grip a little better. You can get 6K out of them if you don't push them too hard.

My only problem with Angels and the Diablo Stradas before them is they lost grip at the end of their life and they only lasted 3K miles or so for me. But that was when I lived in Florida.

When you get them on we should schedule a Dragon run to try them out.

Angels are solid tires with decent grip mixed with better-than-average longevity. They compare well with the Michelin Pilot Road 2s or Road 3s though the Michelins last slightly longer and grip a little better. You can get 6K out of them if you don't push them too hard.

My only problem with Angels and the Diablo Stradas before them is they lost grip at the end of their life and they only lasted 3K miles or so for me. But that was when I lived in Florida.

When you get them on we should schedule a Dragon run to try them out.

I bought them on a want to try something different. I usually run pure sport tires, but am looking for more mileage. If they don't make me happy, I'll check out the Bridgestones too.

They should be here Friday. Hoping they arrive early enough to get them slapped on Friday so I may be up for a run Saturday. If not it will be next week.

Archived