1995 VFR 750 SUBFRAME QUESTION PLEASE HELP

Guest Enolam

Question

Guest Enolam

I recently aquired a 1995 VFR 750 from a person on CL. Anyway, i have found out very quickly its hard to locate body panels for this bike and decided to go another route, my question is, how hard would it to be to install a 01 929 subframe on the bike?

7 answers to this question

Front or rear?

Front would be relatively simple - the two holes that the bolts go through are most likely closer together on the 929 subframe, so just drill an additional hole in the tang at the front of the VFRs headstock and you're done.

Rear may take some fabrication, but anything is possible.

Like the part that the seat is on, the tail part . What im trying to do is change the tail fairing so i have to get a new subframe and what not that fits it.. Do you know any tailfairing conversion/subframe that would bolt right up? like a f4i or something?

I don't know of anything that will bolt up, if you can drill some holes/make brackets then just about anything will fit. I think the VFR 6th gen option is the most documented with people putting CBR fairings on their 3rd or 4th gen.

I am going to attempt the 929 subframe with RC45 tail, my initial feelings are that it will take a bit of work...

Somewhere buried in here is a post about someone putting their 6th gen subframe on a 4th gen.

I just searched and cant find anything..some one please help? I cant locate a vfr tail fairing anywhere, can some one tell me what parts i will need for the full fairing conversion on the rear subframe? thanks

Archived