Two Brothers Exhaust - Is this normal?

goose

• Member Contributer

Man, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but is this pipe supposed to be open all the way thru like this? The catalytic converter has been gutted, so I'm suspicious of everything...

photobucket-10556-1338764236678.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yep. I can run a garden hose through my Remus cans and Leo Vince cans are the same way.

Man, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but is this pipe supposed to be open all the way thru like this? The catalytic converter has been gutted, so I'm suspicious of everything...

photobucket-10556-1338764236678.jpg

no stupid question, yes thats normal for a free flow racing exhaust. let her breath. besides once its mounted noone can see inside.

• Member Contributer

The point of these exhausts is the engine sees it just as you do: straight through. The sound waves however expand through the packing, losing energy, and the ones that bounce back upon themselves at exactly 180° cancel out so not as loud as an actual straight pipe.

• Member Contributer

I remember sitting behind a mate on an RC-51 with Akrapovic pipes one day. I swear I could have put my whole arm down there (and the sound pulses caused my chest to vibrate). Phat, PHAT sound.

The straighter and more open, the better!

Yep, normal Race Pipe that's not legal on the streets of the US, but there Not checked in most places YET!

It will be stamped or have literature that states "Not for street use" most of the time.

• Member Contributer

The point of these exhausts is the engine sees it just as you do: straight through. The sound waves however expand through the packing, losing energy, and the ones that bounce back upon themselves at exactly 180° cancel out so not as loud as an actual straight pipe.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense to my technical brain. :idea3:

Archived