The road to Windy Ridge...

• Member Contributer

Is it open? I have looked on about 14 different websites and have yet to find a definite yes or no. A wandering rider friend from Tennessee is showing up Saturday evening and I was trying to figure out where to take him - Windy Ridge or out to the coast. We'll get rained on either direction (we're riding on Sunday) but it might be dryer down at St. Helens. Before I drag him down there I wanted to make sure we could actually get to the Ridge.

Then again, any ride is better than sitting at home.

Thanks much!

Diana

• Member Contributer

Last year it wasn't open until mid July but that was a record snow year. Try calling the ranger station at Randle - they would be able to give you some additional color on when it might open up. (360) 497-1100.

• Member Contributer

It took about 5 more websites but... NF-25 is closed a few miles south of Randle to replace the bridge the flooding took out a couple years ago. It should be open by July 4th. If you come in from the south end of 25, you can make it to Windy Ridge. I'm not sure he wants to do that big of a loop, he mentioned maybe taking a day off from riding and going to see a movie instead... It's all good... I'm just the guide, he gets to pick the destination. :smile:

Baileyrock... I've been in school. I'm back in school hoping to convince my company that I'm so darned educated they need to keep me around for another 10 years. :fing02: When I'm not working or doing homework, I'm walking the dog or sleeping. I am very boring these days. Aren't you glad you asked. :laughing6-hehe:

Diana

aka GypsyCat

Archived