Exhaust what are my options

v4pilot

If I put the midpipe half way on the header I can tweak it so its passable. I will have to fabricate a pipe mount though. better yet is getting the mid pipe bent at a shop. Humm.. I'll give the low mount a shot wednesday as that is due to arrive in the AM. I just put it back to stock for a quick blast to a burger and beer tonight. I'm kinda liking the sound of the bike stock at 80 with earplugs in. This pipe on the VFR thing is becoming overrated to me. I did pass a trooper at an indicated 80 and he didn't budge. To be continued..

Ok, I hear the sweet music! The Delkevic low mount mid pipe came in this morning. It went on without a hitch and looks great. I have the db killer on the pipe and it's just right. With the shock preload adjuster and being able to mount bags this is a very nice solution.

attachicon.gifIMG_0845.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0846.JPG

Yeah yeah, you have an Ohlins rear, we get it.. show-off :wink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I put the midpipe half way on the header I can tweak it so its passable. I will have to fabricate a pipe mount though. better yet is getting the mid pipe bent at a shop. Humm.. I'll give the low mount a shot wednesday as that is due to arrive in the AM. I just put it back to stock for a quick blast to a burger and beer tonight. I'm kinda liking the sound of the bike stock at 80 with earplugs in. This pipe on the VFR thing is becoming overrated to me. I did pass a trooper at an indicated 80 and he didn't budge. To be continued..

Ok, I hear the sweet music! The Delkevic low mount mid pipe came in this morning. It went on without a hitch and looks great. I have the db killer on the pipe and it's just right. With the shock preload adjuster and being able to mount bags this is a very nice solution.

attachicon.gifIMG_0845.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0846.JPG

Yeah yeah, you have an Ohlins rear, we get it.. show-off :wink:

LOL. I bought this bike that way. The Ohlins was a major factor in my decision to purchase it. A few tweaks and darn its good, no need to frack around with a 929, 954, what the frack ever shock to retrofit on the VFR. The Ohlins is the right way to do it. The money is a fair tradeoff for the silly fitment issues.

The Delkevic with the DB killer is Perrfect.. Just right amount of tone and volume. Its just a hair louder at speed. In the city it gets more notice than the stock pipe. Just what I wanted. I don't mind pulling 10 pounds off the bike either. Because my VFR is my all rounder the standard mount pipe works for me. I still might look into a high mount that does work with my bag mounts...Ugh..

Yes, the CF pipes sound good out of the box, but once a Staintune's packing "carbons up" enough, the raspy, tinny sound it has when brand new pretty much goes away and the pipe sound as good as the best sounding, non-Staintune pipe you can find, plus you will never have to repack it, and it will look brand new even after 20 years on a bike..... and the can will not deteriorate from heat and UV exposure as many CF cans do, over time.

I like the staintune as well but I can buy four of these for the price. In the meantime I can get tires, air filters, hoses, oil filters, oil and so on in the time it would take a silencer to degrade in the next 15 years.

Archived