Radial clutch master cylinder for 4th gen

karhawk

Question

• Member Contributer

Anybody done it and tested yet??

my coffin style rear clutch res. is hitting the fairing on right turn after last minute fairing adjustment.

Is there a different master with remote reservoir like I have on the front brake side?

_IGP2322.JPG

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

1) I would definitely have my coils grounded one way or another. At least run a ground wire if you're happy where they are mounted. Going along with that, my coils stopped working when they lost their ground, but maybe some other wiring issue was the cause, if yours is working. Hmmm.

2) Yes, there are other ones you can use. Think an RC51 is an option. I went with a different one, but forgot which one I got. Just have to make sure the intermals are the same dimension.

• Member Contributer

1) I would definitely have my coils grounded one way or another. At least run a ground wire if you're happy where they are mounted. Going along with that, my coils stopped working when they lost their ground, but maybe some other wiring issue was the cause, if yours is working. Hmmm.

2) Yes, there are other ones you can use. Think an RC51 is an option. I went with a different one, but forgot which one I got. Just have to make sure the intermals are the same dimension.

Thanks

I looked at one on Ebay, it looks like the res. is mounter to the top of the master? I would need something with a remote reservoir to clear fairing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GSXR-1000-TL1000R-TL1000S-CBR-1000RR-RC51-VTR-RVT-CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-/150809157451?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231ced1f4b&vxp=mtr#ht_1535wt_915

I'm at work, so the eBay link doesn't work for me now, but I believe I have the a spare RC-51 clutch master cylinder if you're interested. I have Brembo's now, and just moved the reservoir around until I got the clearance that was required.

• Member Contributer

Ducati, if you can sort out the piston diameters and find one the same?

Maybe join a Ducati forum to ask, and piss off the Ducatisti? :laugh:

$(KGrHqZHJDQE92G5WV68BPmKM31V4Q~~60_57.JPG

1087049675_567ebd5cfd_b.jpg

Still trying to get feedback regarding radial masters, an ebay seller has a universal radial clutch master with a 19mm bore and claims it is compatible with 14mm units.

• Member Contributer

If the box is anything to go off of, I ended up with a 1098 clutch master. But I didn't pay much for it, so we'll see if it works (with the clutch slave).

• Member Contributer

Thanks

I looked at one on Ebay, it looks like the res. is mounter to the top of the master? I would need something with a remote reservoir to clear fairing

http://www.ebay.com/...r#ht_1535wt_915

Thanks I grounded them to be safe.

• Member Contributer

If the box is anything to go off of, I ended up with a 1098 clutch master. But I didn't pay much for it, so we'll see if it works (with the clutch slave).

I bought an 08 Kawasaki Z something we will compare notes.

From what I've found out recently the radial brake and clutch levers are mechanically very different: on radials the pivot point for the lever is closer and the lever arm to the master is shorter. That means even if you find a radial master of the same size (14mm clutch on VFR) it likely won't feel right. The throw and pressure might be way off. I'm thinking the way to go might be to find a radial setup that displaces the same volume of fluid as the stock masters.

Or, you could just try different setups till one works. That's probably what I'm going to end up doing.

Archived