Alpinestars hydro sport drystar boots

5thGenJim

• Member Contributer

I need to replace my current boots - Tourmaster Waterproof are giving up the ghost after 6 years. I'm thinking about going with these...

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/alpinestars/2011_hydro_sport_drystar_motorcycle_boots.html

Anyone have them? Opinion of them before I drop $250 on a pair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Never had my hands on them, but I tried on some Alpinestars Web boots this week after ordering and returning some Sidi Fusion boots. The Web boots felt pretty decent, but nothing compares to my old Oxtar Matrix boots for sport touring comfort. I just ordered a pair of TCX (formerly Oxtar) S-Sportour waterproof boots, which are probably their equivalent of the A* boots you linked to. Between the two of us, maybe we can do a long distance comparison.

• Member Contributer

How are the Oxtar/TCX's on width? The Sidis are too narrow for me, but the A*'s are good for wide feet like mine.

• Member Contributer

How are the Oxtar/TCX's on width? The Sidis are too narrow for me, but the A*'s are good for wide feet like mine.

The Sidi Fusions were very narrow and stiff in the front half, but the heel and top of the arch were loose, causing my toes to get shoved down into the narrow part of the boot even worse. I hear that other Sidis aren't as loose in the heel and are still narrow at the front. It took about 10 seconds to decide to return them. My Oxtar Matrix boots are plenty wide for my foot. The A* Web seemed to have a similar width as my Oxtars, but that's just an educated guess as I didn't have my boots with me for a direct comparison. They were comfortable enough that I wouldn't hesitate to order them if the new TCX line's quality and comfort doesn't match up to my old Oxtars.

• Member Contributer

how is the sizing on the tsx

My Oxtars are true to size. I would assume that the newer TCX offerings will be similar (Oxtar was purchased by Novation S.p.A. in 2007). I'll know more by the end of the week if New Enough gets them out the door tomorrow.

• Member Contributer

+1 on TCX. Good quality boots. Can't chime in on foot width, but their sizing seems to be on target. My size 41 (US 8) fit me like my size 8 shoes.

• Member Contributer

I'm about a 45 Eur size in the A*s. I'll probably pull the trigger on them next week.

• Member Contributer

My boots came in. I compared them with my old Matrix boots and the Sidi Fusion boots that I didn't like in this post: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/71222-tcx-x5-plus-vs-tcx-s-sportour/#entry836513

• Member Contributer

I have the TCX Airtech Goretex boot. Breathes but is still waterproof. I wear a size 10 shoe and my boots are very roomy at a size 44. They are known to be be wider in the box than other Italian boots (Dianese, Alpinestars, Sidi). I have Sidi boots that are very tight in the toe box.

At first I thought the boots had too much room. However in the hot weather, your feet swell a bit. In addition, that extra little room lets air circulate. They are very comfortable to walk around in.

I bought mine from Revzilla. Revzilla has videos of their products, which I found very useful. I recommend the boot.

Archived