Nelson Rigg or Cycle Case saddlebags?

Guest demikes08vfr

Guest demikes08vfr

I was hoping to get some opinions on these saddlebags. I like the looks of both bags... the Nelson Rigg looks more sporty while the Cycle Case looks clean. The Nelson Rigg bags have a seperate heat shield you can purchase which sends the price close to 150.00 though I've read that with the OEM pipes I should be o.k. and shouldn't worry about damaging the bags.The Cycle Case bags don't have a sepearate heat shield to purchase, but use an 08 VFR as it's model.The price however is alot easier to handle, around 70.00. I guess it comes down to riders personal experiences with each sets of bags. I beleive in the old addage "you get what you pay for", but sometimes we end up paying for a name. Any help would be great! I'm not sure if i'm allowed to put links up to the sites I found the bags on, but if anyone knows if it's o.k., I'll put the links up. Mike

I have the Nelson Rigg bags. I like them a lot. sporty and a lot of storage with different compartments. Also have the Nelson Rigg CL series jumbo tailbag and large tankbag. I like them all alot but dont use them anymore due to just installing a 3 piece set of givi hard bags. If your interested in any of it, semd me a PM.

Thanks Bob and Dan for making the drive and bringing the the bags. They held up great with no problems from the exhaust. Now I just have to fill them with beach stuff! Hopefully we'll get to ride down the coast this summer!

IMAG0071

IMAG0072

• Member Contributer

Must have missed this thread earlier. I have the Nelson Rigg Silver Deluxe IIRC. The one bag was pretty much sitting on my 2bros CF can. Didn't damage it at all.

Thanks Yoshi. I got home after about an hour and they seemed fine. Plus, I can buy the replacement heat shields as they break down. The bags didn't budge at all, and thats empty with no weight in them to help them stay secure.

Timmy, when you say you wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, are you saying you don't like them?? Haha! I'm tired of wearing a backpack as they only hold so much stuff. Plus I take overnighters/daytrips to the beach so these are gonna work out just fine for me..

Your welcome...glad they're gonna work for you! I'm gonna try for a few beach rides this season!

That would be great. Head hear first, bathroom break, etc. Then were only a little more than an hour.

Archived