cb1000 forks

• Member Contributer

is this worth doing to my 97 vfr i found a complete front end from a 1994 cb1000 big one it has 43mm forks if i want i can run superbike bars with them or my standard bars ooooooooops no my forks are 41mm ok maybe the later vfrs will fit anyone know if this will work like is it the same rake and trail i see i can do a caliper upgrade as well any other thoughts on this.

i can pick them up for 250 dollas thats the conversion from euros.

post-22187-0-95628600-1331807772.jpg

It should be quite doable if you can get the entire front end, triples, forks, wheel, brakes, fender, axle, etc.

The 43mm forks would be less flexy than your 41s you have now. And if your current forks etc are in good shape you could resell them easily for 200 or more?

And $250 is a steal if they aren't bent or rashed up!

For handlebars, use 2002-2009 VTEC stock clipons, 43mm.

• Member Contributer

Rake & trail (published): CB1000FP 27 & 111 vs 26 & 99 (RC36-II)

Unfortunately, I have not measured the fork offset, though I do have a set of these forks and triples in the garage somewhere. The forks are heavy and basic--no adjustments at all, I think. Also very long, IIRC. The single interesting thing about them is the RC30-like axle clamps, but that wasn't enough for me to give them a second look (can't remember why I bought them!). They used big 310mm OD discs and an 18" wheel, so I'm not sure the calipers are in the right place for an RC36 wheel/discs, but that might not be an issue.

Ciao,

• 8 months later...

I have used RC30 yokes which are the same pitch and offset as a CB1000 and made a new stem. Very simple job but although the CB1000 is much heavier than a, RC24 or any VFR they sag quite a lot, hence wondering what the std spring rate is. Currently using Racetech 0.95Kg/mm in the std VFR forks.

CB1000FrontEnd.jpg

Archived