Going thru entire bike

• Member Contributer

Going thru the bike, getting it ready. What a mess. Last owner used grease for the chain and is everywhere.

shock is on its way from Jamie, have a hell of a time getting the old one out

brake lines are out and getting made.

just wondering if i could use a standard/generic fuel filter?

and need to drain the coolant, does anyone have a pic or diagram where the block plugs are?

playing with the exhaust...has anyone ever just left the muffler off and ran with the collector box?

more of my retarded ideas

post-23084-0-78950300-1331066029.jpg

post-23084-0-68128300-1331066325.jpg

No muffler is going to be stupid loud.

Yes you can use a generic fuel filter, those bikes fuel pumps don't generate a lot of PSI like FI bikes do. Just be sure your lines and clamps are good.

• Member Contributer

yeah figured it will be loud.....had the idea of stuffing it with course steel wool for some quietness.

have a left side exhaust im working on.

The cylinder head coolant release bolts (2) are bellow the exhaust pipes that goes out from the cyclinder head, in front of the bike.

Remove the radiator cap when doing it, and let all the fluid out by unscrewing the water pump bolt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

the manual doesnt say anything about stuffing the collector box with steel wool......LOL

just recieved all my parts...incl shock from jamie....install and replace everything this weekend and will post

-fakezo levers

- 929 shock

-drain all fluids

-new brake braided brake lines

You don't really want to run the resonator "boom box". Instead, you should consider removing it and running a straight through system like what's on the 4th gen VFR and add your after market can of choice to it. I'm not sure if 4th gen manifolds would bolt straight on to a 3rd gen VFR, but someone here must have figured it out already.

Beck

95 VFR

4th gen headers do bolt up but u lose ur center stand. Well then I need new oem ones mine look terrible. Do we 3rd genners have any aftermarket rearsets?

• Member Contributer

You don't really want to run the resonator "boom box". Instead, you should consider removing it and running a straight through system like what's on the 4th gen VFR and add your after market can of choice to it. I'm not sure if 4th gen manifolds would bolt straight on to a 3rd gen VFR, but someone here must have figured it out already.

Beck

95 VFR

have my stock can to throw on for long trips. also have a left side exhaust from a track bike i need to clean up and add some pipe length to it.

just alot of work to get to see the open wheel .

Archived