Help repair/need right side oem bag

Guest wagigkpn

Guest wagigkpn

I can do pictures tonight when i am home.

I have a 2002 vfr800, red. I have the oem had bags but the previous owner hit his garage with the right one when it was open and broke the lid part off. The back that attaches to the bike is still fine and in working condition. The broken lid broke off right next to the hinges and leave very small area to plastic weld to. in my inexperienced opinion there is no hope.

What options do i have? can i find just one hard bag? can i get just the lid?

Question; are there other hard bags that will fit the mounting brackets on my bike?

all last summer i rode with just one hard bag. not a huge deal but two would be so much nicer.

If i cant repair the broken case, anyone have any ideas how i can make the back part of the case (that attaches to the bracket) into something i can put my golf clubs on?

i was thinking of using a pull cart and attaching the part that holds the bag onto the broken case. would make my day...

Thanks for the input.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I can do pictures tonight when i am home.

I have a 2002 vfr800, red. I have the oem had bags but the previous owner hit his garage with the right one when it was open and broke the lid part off. The back that attaches to the bike is still fine and in working condition. The broken lid broke off right next to the hinges and leave very small area to plastic weld to. in my inexperienced opinion there is no hope.

What options do i have? can i find just one hard bag? can i get just the lid?

Question; are there other hard bags that will fit the mounting brackets on my bike?

all last summer i rode with just one hard bag. not a huge deal but two would be so much nicer.

If i cant repair the broken case, anyone have any ideas how i can make the back part of the case (that attaches to the bracket) into something i can put my golf clubs on?

i was thinking of using a pull cart and attaching the part that holds the bag onto the broken case. would make my day...

Thanks for the input.

If you have not found a right bag yet, I have a right bag (Red R-157) I want to sell. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try to fix it by mounting a metal plate to the under side and putting new hinges on.

I am also going to make a custom rear rack to mount my JCwhitney trunk case to.

Going to start a new thread about it.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I recently had a crash that bashed up the outer half of a Givi V41 hard case. I called Givi tech support and they sent me an outer half of the door and several other parts. Givi is very good at customer support. I'd check with them first. PM me if you want pics.

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I am going to try to fix it by mounting a metal plate to the under side and putting new hinges on.

I am also going to make a custom rear rack to mount my JCwhitney trunk case to.

Going to start a new thread about it.

Dude, buy Curt's bag and save yourself a bunch of headache. I'd like to have the hinge pis from the broken OEM.

Wrestler

Archived