New Exhaust mod Idea.. input needed

Guest nutball

Guest nutball

So Ive been checking out the mods that are out right now ( ive also learned how to weld so Im searching high and low for new projects ) I like the idea of keeping the stock look but i dont like the loss of performance/response/vtec abruptness ive heard you get with the full gut. so my idea is as follows:

First cut the Y pipe and weld in a plate essentially rendering the left can a dummy (total theivery of the 2 bros stash) and gut that sucker (obviously for weight savings only, oh and by gut im referring to the method where you cut the end cap off and yank everything out.)

Next perform the above mentioned gut on the right can, then weld in 2 preforated, steel wool wrapped pipes (these will match up to the exit pipes and have some form of a triangle shaped collector at the back end to conform to the back of the can.) essentially creating a "high flow" muffler, this way I will still have some sound dampening.

Im thinking by ditching the split at the Y pipe and modding the right can as mentioned above it should reduce any issues with back pressure or the other issue where the gasses wander around because the piping is too large (theres a technical name for this but ill be darned if i can remember.. something like scavenging?) and should give the exhaust the most direct route out. Also it seems the 2bros stash system has the best hp gains which is why i chose this method.

This is still very much in the idea stage so any input would be appreciated!

• Member Contributer

I could never get behind the idea of a fake exhaust can. I'm with the school of thought that if you got two cans, they should be real.

Hi.

I'm according with Veefer800. If there's two cans and real.

If just one can should be working, choose a "CBR 600/1000 style" solution.

Ciao, Luigi.

I think your concept is a solid one, BUT! The stock Y-pipe is fairly small and restrictive using two oval feed pipes approx 1 1/2" dia. which is equal to 3'' total, your plan would cut that in Half! The Two Bro Stash runs at least a 2" single so I would suggest you completely cut out the stock Y and install a min. of a 2" straight pipe to the right can and while your gutting and installing your two perf pipes install a 2" inlet on that same right can. :smile: BR

I think your concept is a solid one, BUT! The stock Y-pipe is fairly small and restrictive using two oval feed pipes approx 1 1/2" dia. which is equal to 3'' total, your plan would cut that in Half! The Two Bro Stash runs at least a 2" single so I would suggest you completely cut out the stock Y and install a min. of a 2" straight pipe to the right can and while your gutting and installing your two perf pipes install a 2" inlet on that same right can. :smile: BR

Good advice! thanks.

• Member Contributer

Good advice! thanks.

Keep in mind this will probably need a PCIII/V to keep you from running too lean though unless you leave the muffler completely stock.

Archived