Wiring Harness & Starter Relay - 3rd Gen VFR

bmv

Hello gang,

So, I have gone from starter concerns to wiring concerns ... ugh! (Still don't have my bike back in my garage.) I didn't ask this guy to go looking for problems, still think I brought the bike to the wrong guy. Now he tells me his work has caused other issues to arise??? The starter now tends to run on after the bike has started.

Could this be the Starter Relay?

Also, top end of the wiring harness looks to be slightly burned. Don't know how long it has been like that. If it ain't broke, why fix it??

Anyway, looking to replace the Starter Relay and the Wiring Harness,

Part numbers as follows:

Wiring Harness: 32100-MEE-A00

Starter Relay: 35850-MR5-007

Anyone have these items or know where I can get them without losing my shirt?

Greatly appreciate any and all feedback!

Cheers,

Mike

You can get the parts you need by order the VFRness for your bike from my site. It includes new R/R wiring from R/R to stator and to battery. It also includes a starter relay connector repair kit.

www.wiremybike.com

Thanks TIghtwad!

I had heard about your VFRness but thought it was specific to the 5th Gen. I see you offer for other Gens as well. Nice going. I will be placing an order very soon.

Thanks again for posting up.

Mike

I will PM you ...

• 2 months later...

Hey Tightwad, the guy working on my bike did order up a few pieces. He liked what you offered and was probably going to be ordering more things for other bikes.

Thanks, what a great source for electrical needs.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Seb,

I haven't checked that. The starter button returns to proper position but perhaps the inside portion is sticking. I'll have a look when I get the chance.

Often it is the simplest of things ... Thanks for the tip.

Mike

Archived