New Member Hello

Guest VFR1965

Guest VFR1965

Finally got around to joining the forum :smile:

My impressions so far about the VFR is that it is an awesome motorcycle and really enjoy riding it. I have the clutch version although the DCT was a pretty cool setup.

I took it out for a test run and a christening session at Buttonwillow Raceway a few days after purchasing it. It performed surprisingly well for a "heavy" bike. The only shortcomings were the mediocre suspension and lousy OEM tires which overheated within 4 laps. These tires are worthless for spirited riding. My next track run will be at Laguna Seca with full blown race slicks. If anybody can direct me to the "go to man" for suspension upgrades - that would be awesome! Rearsets would be a nice addition as well.

My current mods:

*Corbin Smuggler Seat

*Dynojet PC V (standard DJ website map)

*Heli Bars (don't care much for them)

*OEM heated grips and Saddlebags

*ASV Levers

*Leo Vince Slip-on

*LED GhostLight brake lights (I have one mounted on each inner-side of the saddlebags)

*Galfer brake pads F/R

*A Personal modified "fender eliminator" kit :tongue:

Here are a few pics of my bike:

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

VFRe.jpg

VFRd.jpg

VFRc.jpg

VFRb.jpg

VFRa.jpg

• 6 months later...

And now to revive an old thread.....

How is the Corbin? I have sat on them before on different bikes and they used to feel to restrictive for agressive cornering. Is this still the case? I like the smuggler idea but have not seen another one with a black lid - was this an option or did you have it painted? Sorry about all of the questions.

That is a great looking ride.

Cheers,

High_Side

Archived