Accessory plug connection up front. Wire pickup ?

MidTNJasonF

I need to wire up an accessory plug to power my GPS and cell phone on trips. On previous bikes, including two other Honda's, there was an unused switched hot wire up front in the main harness or the headlight harness.

Do the 5th Gen bikes have such a wire that is easily accessible? I do not have a wire diagram for this bike yet and would like to get something hooked up for a trip this weekend. My phone can not make it three days on the road without a recharge and I will not have ready access to a wall plug at any point on this trip. The GPS and phone will be in my tank bag so I just need a wire to tap into up front that does not cause any issues with other systems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't think so, because most people add a second fuse box up front.

If you just after one power line, hit up a local auto parts store and get a aux relay kit. The one I got was good for 50amps and came with a waterproof pre-wired plug. Ran a wire off the battery and picked up a switched power line from the lic plate light.

I am not aware of such a wire. The fuse panel I sell includes a relay kit to wire to the tail light for the relay switch. Powerlet products wire direct to battery by design so they are always live, but they can be relay through a fuse panel as well easily enough.

• Member Contributer

Just wired up and aux power outlet plug on my 4th gen., but wire it directly to the battery( it came w/a fuse on the positive side) and mounted it on my k&n superbike bars. Also got a digital voltmeter that goes into cigarette lighter, so I install that into power outlet while riding so I can keep an eye on charging system, so far works greatbut should have hooked up to license plate light wires or tailight wires so I wouldn't have to pull digital voltmeter when stopped for prolonged periods

post-17506-0-37862400-1318829051_thumb.j

post-17506-0-61142600-1318829069_thumb.j

Or you could run an inline switch as well...that way you decide when it is powered on. I have considered an inline bypass for my voltmeter so I could check the status of the battery with the key off.

Archived