Really stuck

Guest TheWarrior17

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Generation of VFR should I try to acquire?

• 5th Gen VFR
    • 6th Gen VFR

• Member Contributer

Good choice on the 5th gen. I've had an '01 for five years; love the machine so much, I'm buying a second one so I will already have one if and when my now 100,000 miler wears out. I've had particularly good gas mileage with mine (52.02 on recent 2400 mile trip from MN to CO and back). I've replaced my body work several times (don't ask - it is a tough bike to learn on) and never had problems getting parts. Powersports Company of Beaver Dam Wis. sells at 40% discount when ordered online.

I agree with the Smoothsalin list of 5th gen considerations.

Getting a 6th gen later is a fabulous strategy. They will be available for a long time. Not necessarily so much for 5th gens.

Good luck and ride safe.

• Member Contributer

Just get both. :rolleyes: I own a 98 and an 07 RWB and love them both. I have decided to sell my 98 due to unforseen circumstances but if I could keep it I would. You can't go wrong with either one and parts are still pretty easy to get. I do all of my own work and most of it is pretty easy and straight forward. Also, if there is something you don't feel that you can do yourself there are many folks on this site that will help you if you have any problems. Good luck on whatever you decide and have some fun on one of the best bikes ever built.

Archived