Spot the Difference- 6gen

Noobtastic14

Shorter exhaust? Looks good. Maybe a new wax too? And the house in the background? :laughing6-hehe:

C

Yes!

I notice the license plate was rotated to horizontal. Is there anything else?

Yes! Cutting the exhaust down gave me room to mount horizontal without it being "obstructed license plate"

Mirrors, the same kind I have... did you wire them too?

R

Yes! they are on using the OEM bike mount and they are wired as running lights while the bike is on.

Blacked out shield?

Yes! painted black actually, I am 6'3" and I do not look out of the windshield so it was an easy choice. it also eliminates a lot of glare on the cluster.

polished wheels

No... same wheels just more dirt in the second set.

Lastly, cutting the OEM exhaust has dropped enough weight in the back that the slow speed handling has been greatly improved. (but still not as awesome as riding around with an open cat no cans)

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

Shorter exhaust? Looks good. Maybe a new wax too? And the house in the background? :laughing6-hehe:

C

Yes!

Yes! Cutting the exhaust down gave me room to mount horizontal without it being "obstructed license plate"

R

Yes! they are on using the OEM bike mount and they are wired as running lights while the bike is on.

Blacked out shield?

Yes! painted black actually, I am 6'3" and I do not look out of the windshield so it was an easy choice. it also eliminates a lot of glare on the cluster.

polished wheels

Lastly, cutting the OEM exhaust has dropped enough weight in the back that the slow speed handling has been greatly improved. (but still not as awesome as riding around with an open cat no cans)

-Drew

The shield looks good - details please on your process and paint....

C

Yes!

R

Blacked out shield?

polished wheels

-Drew

It was just a rattlecan for plastic from Home Depot. Make sure you do your proper paint prep process, scuff sand the plastic wipe with alcohol or cleaning solution and apply several thin coats and it will look fine. I am a painter at work so of course when i got home I didn't have what I needed and ended up taking shortcuts and finishing with fisheyes on one of the corners, I'll re prep and do another coat some other time.

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

C

Yes!

R

Blacked out shield?

polished wheels

-Drew

It was just a rattlecan for plastic from Home Depot. Make sure you do your proper paint prep process, scuff sand the plastic wipe with alcohol or cleaning solution and apply several thin coats and it will look fine. I am a painter at work so of course when i got home I didn't have what I needed and ended up taking shortcuts and finishing with fisheyes on one of the corners, I'll re prep and do another coat some other time.

-Drew

Thanks, now I'm off to find a spare OEM shield to work on. You only paint the inside of the shield, correct? :)