Question with 02 sensors

Guest stevekingchef

Guest stevekingchef

Hi Guys

I have had a little shuffle around looking for my answer,but to no avail.

I am in the process of fitting a new exhaust system to my 6th gen.

I have a sandy bike spares headers,scorpian race pipes and a power commander 3 on the way.

the pc3 comes with 02 elims,but my question is the 02 sensors are wedged in and surrounded by rust.

now do i need to purchace new (or 2nd hand ones) or is a bung of sorts avalible as i dont want to fork out ££ if i dont need to.

any ideas greatly recieved

And yet again a huge thanks to all you guys who have already provided a useless chef trying to fix his new investment,which i have not ridden yet.

all the best

steve

If you have new headers & 02 eliminators you simply unplug the 02 sensors plug in your 02 eliminators & replace headers, if headers have 02 sensor holes just fit plugs no need for 02 sensors that will be doing nothing filling the holes. If you don't have new headers you don't need to remove 02 sensors if rusted in simply just unplug them & plug in 02 eliminators. I don't know about the PCV but with the PC3 you have to use 02 eliminators or you get a FI light on the dash.

Hi

thanks for clearing that up.

any idea on where or who sells a plug that will fit??or what i can use??

all the best

steve

• Member Contributer

Hi

thanks for clearing that up.

any idea on where or who sells a plug that will fit??or what i can use??

all the best

steve

I bought a 2nd-hand set of Vtec pipes to fit to my '98 Fi model VFR (cos they're stainless). The pipes came with O2 sensors, so I removed them and fitted 27mm (I think) bolts purchased from my local tool shop. That should sort out the holes issue. Then just plug the O2 eliminators into the harness where the O2 sensors were plugged in.

Archived