Blue Tooth Radar Detectors

rubbersidedown

The thread on blue tooth communications made me think this group might have some comments on blue tooth radar detectors. I suspect that a detector is going to be mandatory equipment on this bike, and blue tooth would be a nice feature, but don't want to sacrifice good detector technology for the convenience of blue tooth. Any thoughts?

I am interested in this too. I hope a compact....permanent.... hidden....affordable... bt unit will be developed soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Save yourself the over head and get your usual go to radar detector and then check these out:

Bluetooth audio jack

That is utterly brilliant, but have you tried it? I am waiting on an Amplirider and know that I needed a special isolation cable since the radar puts out mono, which can cause issues with stereo headphones, or something like that.

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey guys,

Well after contributing to the U.S. National Forestry services annual budget yesterday I am figuring I need some electronic countermeasures! Did some searching and came across this old thread. Thought I would revive it as technology has probably changed a bit. I am looking for a radar detector that can give audio alerts via BT as I am running an SMH10 in my helmet. I have seen adaptive techniologies TPX version 2.0 which is suppose to be compatible.

Does anyone know of another detector? I have not found much else out there which kinda suprised me.

You can add the Sena SR10 which allows you to hardwire any device with a 3.5mm output. Using this with the SMH10 allows the rider to be wire free. My iphone connects via BT directly to the SMH10, which I use predominantly for music. However, if you are so inclined it will also allow you to receive/make phone calls. The gps and Valentine 1 are hard wired to the SR10 which then allows them to connect via BT with the SMH10. Priority is given to the radar detector so it overrides the music when active. This setup does not restrict you to radar detectors with built in BT.

• Member Contributer

There are also generic BT adapters that you get get for ~$20. I use one I got from a place called monoprice.com, and I use it with my Scala G9x. Although I have it setup for the phone to override the radar detector, you can link them the other way around or with the Scala phone app, set the priority. From what I just saw over at Revzilla, the new Sena units will allow simultaneous audio form both phone and other BT device. Not sure if that would be too distracting or not, but kind of cool, listen to tunes and still get the radar warning.

This is an important topic and maybe Bluetooth should not be the option you look at.

http://legalspeeding.com/HARD-System.htm#.VAd9_U1Mt9A

My RADAR Detector is free from any other device.

I want to know when I am being scanned immediately.

Bluetooth might not give you the same head's up advanced warning when Ka is present.

I run a Chatterbox and would not consider compromising my RADAR detector warnings sending the signal through another device.

I like my Passport communicating directly to an LED in my helmet.

Archived