VFR RC36 of 1993. Givi Fitment kit PL

Guest Hegaluze

Guest Hegaluze

I have a VFR RC36 of 1993 and want to put the suitcases with the support called PL.

I have no information on if possible but I've seen on this forum a picture of something similar.

Now I have only a support for a topcase Monorack.

you can put a PL-like support for my VFR? which model?

sorry for my bad English

my vfr:

vfr1e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Member Contributer

Hola!

You need the RC36 fitting kit, which is the PL, and also the Wingracks for each side. You cannot fit both the Wingracks and the Monorack at the same time (without welding them together!). I may have the PL kit, but it is buried deep in my garage at the moment (and it may be red--the wingracks were!). I do not know when I will have time to search for them. Check UK eBay--they should be available there.

Ciao,

• 2 weeks later...

Hola!

You need the RC36 fitting kit, which is the PL, and also the Wingracks for each side. You cannot fit both the Wingracks and the Monorack at the same time (without welding them together!). I may have the PL kit, but it is buried deep in my garage at the moment (and it may be red--the wingracks were!). I do not know when I will have time to search for them. Check UK eBay--they should be available there.

Ciao,

Sorry. I have not understood anything

Hola!

Ciao,

Sorry. I have not understood anything

Let me give my 2 years of high school Spanish a try. Here's the Chinese man's attempt at the translation:

~~~~~

Necesitas la RC36 fitting kit, se llama la PL. Y tambien necesitas las Wingracks para ambas partes. No es posible poner la Wingracks y la Monorack juntos (sólo si las juntas de soldadura). Yo podría haber la PL kit, pero que está enterrado profundamente en mi garaje en el momento. Es posible mi PL kit es rojo -- la Wingracks eran rojo. No sé cuando tendré tiempo para buscarlos. Compruebe Reino Unido eBay - que debería estar disponible.

~~~~~

OK, I had help from Google Translate. So credit/blame Google if this didn't make sense either. :)

I don't know if there ever has been a PL kit available for the 3rd gen, I have never seen one. FiveStars sold tubular luggage racks for the 3rd and 4th gen (I have a pair myself) but these are not available anymore. You can try sites like eBay but you have to be patient as the FiveStars racks are quite rare. A Givi Wingrack and a 3rd gen fitting kit (Y143) is easier to find. And with a wingrack you can use your current top case mounting plate and can carry three panniers.

In the files section you will find fitting instructions for Givi hardware. The manual for the third gen wingrack shows what's needed.

I don't know if there ever has been a PL kit available for the 3rd gen, I have never seen one. FiveStars sold tubular luggage racks for the 3rd and 4th gen (I have a pair myself) but these are not available anymore. You can try sites like eBay but you have to be patient as the FiveStars racks are quite rare. A Givi Wingrack and a 3rd gen fitting kit (Y143) is easier to find. And with a wingrack you can use your current top case mounting plate and can carry three panniers.

In the files section you will find fitting instructions for Givi hardware. The manual for the third gen wingrack shows what's needed.

Thanks !!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Archived