Oh Farkle Me!

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

Oh Farkle Me! I have several electrical accessories to install & my fuel tank is Fully-Full !!

Well....A siphoning I shall go. A siphoning I shall go. Hi Ho A Mary O A VFR O, A siphoning I shall go.

Just thought I'd share that with ya.

I did read several posts about different ways to siphon so I think it will easy enough to do.

• Member Contributer

I've used a sturdy support next to the bike to rest the tank on. There is enough of fuel hose length to do that. You just have to disconnect the electric wire.

If you can comfortably lift a full tank, you don't really need to siphon.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Sebspeed & Ripper. But I'd rather get these items installed before I get out & about on it. Although, it would sure suck if, after spending a lot of time on installation, there was an unknown problem beforehand. I'll take it on a short run to be sure all seems well first. That will also get everything up to temperature for the oil change which I'll be doing first.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Rice. It would be nice to have the tank completely out of the way. But I prefer there to be zero chance on the tank getting dropped,knocked over, or whatever & then having a messed up tank & a fuel spill to deal with. Siphoning sounds very easy anyway.

They make those little hand siphons for boats and the like where there is a little squeezey bulb with an inline check ball on the siphon hose.

Makes it impossible to get a mouthful of gas. :fing02: (Don't ask me how I know)