Just bought Givi toprack and JC Whitney Case!

Guest deltatango

Guest deltatango

Ill take plenty of pics and let the community know how it goes. I know plenty of other people have this setup, but I never saw a complete ground up how to. Hopefully I can make one as the parts arrive....work willing.... the case was a little more expensive than I had seen in older posts. It was 54.39 with a 15% off code, I had to pay shipping though.... The top rack was 160! Seems wierd having a rack that cost three times the cost of the case, especially when Pamela Anderson is not involved....

Seems wierd having a rack that cost three times the cost of the case, especially when Pamela Anderson is not involved....
:laughing6-hehe:

The rack is more important than the case regardless if it's Givi or Anderson. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

the age old question:

Box or rack? :491:

Box, then rack, weed-hoppah! :goofy:

So when the Givi FZ166 arrives this is what you will find. The hardware included is excellent and complete, no parts store runs needed.

5610680143_696ba339ca.jpg

Very well made, the welds and bends are just beautiful!

Looks like it can take much more then the specified 22 lbs max load.

To install it on the bike you only have to remove one bolt, which can be seen above the muffler here.

5610680229_a347fabb1d_z.jpg

The instructions are very good and specify that you install everything loose, and tighten in reverse of install after the monokey top plate is installed.

Here are the racks installed loose.

5610680399_a2832b71eb_z.jpg

You have to remove the bolts that hold down the rear handles and swap them out for longer ones, which are included, to bolt down the two support braces

Plate installed and rack tightened.

5610680475_c5c6dcde5f_z.jpg

5611261542_1c0d53f01b_z.jpg

I forgot to take a picture with the JCW case on....I'll do that tomorrow.

Archived