Givi Quick Release Rack v.s. SW-Motech Quick Release

Silverviffer

Hello,

I have tried searching this out, but it is hard to find out if there is much difference at all between the two quick release racks for GIVI V35 style side cases. I am wondering if the SW-Motech has the same installation issues as the Givi (not lined up properly with the North American licence plate). I also wonder if one is fitted closer to the bodywork than the other. Any pics, or knowledge to share?

Thanks,

Scott

• 3 months later...

Not sure in the US but over here in the UK the givi is not currently available. I am very interested and would like to see some pictures. I was all in for SW Motech kit for my 6th Gen until givi sent me an update regarding their quick release. If givi could make a nicer looking top plate bracket with quick release i am in for their kit. Always been happy with the Givi kit bit QR will be great to make the bike look nicer when luggage is not needed. If i get an more info or pictures i will post.

• Member Contributer

My Givi V35 side cases are form fitting but these are not "quick release" brackets. Mine stay on year round. I do have a fender eliminator kit installed so getting around the license plate issue was pretty simple for me.

LP Bracket

gallery_9864_2412_795802.jpg

gallery_9864_2412_303071.jpg

Givi V35 brackets-side.JPG

gallery_9864_2412_180561.jpg

gallery_9864_2412_265343.jpg

gallery_9864_2412_473904.jpg

gallery_9864_2412_654159.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The SWMotech sideracks work fine. Very robust. When I bought mine back in '08 they expected a fitting to mount the cross bar securely on the rear fender to be in place, but apparently in the USA this is part of the factory bag mount kit.

I made up a copy from a piece of drilled sheet steel from the local hardware store, cost about $3: all I had to do was bend it into shape, a quick job on a thick plank or some stairs. Very solidly mounted now.

Archived