Two Bros M2 VALE System w/OEM hardbags

TimC

My next (and maybe last) big mod for my 6th gen. will be an aftermarket exhaust system. Trying to decide between the LV SBK and Two Bros M2 VALE systems. Definitely want carbon fiber, as I bungee stuff down to my rear seat often and sometimes the bungees rest on the stock exhaust cans' heat shields, and the bungees won't (or shouldn't anyway) burn on the CF cans.

I like the looks and sounds of both systems. I actually prefer the looks of the VALE but like that both cans are functional on the SBK. I also worry a little about the absence of a heel guard/heat shield on the VALE, tho I'm sure I could get one mocked up for it if necessary.

The big issue is that I have the OEM hardbag brackets mounted on my bike, which stay on there all the time. I believe the SBK is compatible with the hardbag mounts but have not been able to find out whether the VALE is, too. I searched all 12 pages of threads in this section of VFRD for help but never found the answer and could not find a single photo of a VALE/hardbag brackets combo.

Questions:

1. Is the VALE system compatible with the OEM hardbag brackets?

2. If you have the VALE system and hardbag mounts, can you please post a pic of your set-up?

3. The VALE system Has the absence of an up-pipe heel guard ever been an issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Member Contributer

My next (and maybe last) big mod for my 6th gen. will be an aftermarket exhaust system. Trying to decide between the LV SBK and Two Bros M2 VALE systems. Definitely want carbon fiber, as I bungee stuff down to my rear seat often and sometimes the bungees rest on the stock exhaust cans' heat shields, and the bungees won't (or shouldn't anyway) burn on the CF cans.

I like the looks and sounds of both systems. I actually prefer the looks of the VALE but like that both cans are functional on the SBK. I also worry a little about the absence of a heel guard/heat shield on the VALE, tho I'm sure I could get one mocked up for it if necessary.

The big issue is that I have the OEM hardbag brackets mounted on my bike, which stay on there all the time. I believe the SBK is compatible with the hardbag mounts but have not been able to find out whether the VALE is, too. I searched all 12 pages of threads in this section of VFRD for help but never found the answer and could not find a single photo of a VALE/hardbag brackets combo.

Questions:

1. Is the VALE system compatible with the OEM hardbag brackets?

2. If you have the VALE system and hardbag mounts, can you please post a pic of your set-up?

3. The VALE system Has the absence of an up-pipe heel guard ever been an issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the carbon fiber VALE system on my '06, and the cans are a pretty tight fit with the OEM sidecase brackets. So tight that the brackets slightly contact the rear part of the cans and push them inward about 1/8". In my case the contact might be due to the fact that the cans were installed by the previous owner, and I didn't add the OEM brackets until this summer.

On a recent June tour one of the guys riding with me mentioned that for more clearance I could try to slightly rotate the cans for a little more clearance, but to be honest I had completely forgotten about it until reading your post. If it works, I'm thinking I might get 1/8" of clearance instead of the slight contact. I'll try to take a look after work today, and see if rotating them helps at all. Will also post a pic later tonight...

The absence of the mid-pipe guard has never been an issue, and I'm not sure if the system even comes with a guard. Like I said, they were on the bike when I bought it... Have you contacted Two Brothers to see if they sell one?

Lastly, with the restrictors out the Two Brothers VALE system is pretty loud. Definitely louder than the Staintunes on my '05 VFR...

I will also check on the temp of the carbon fiber heat shield, but it will be a few days before I ride it to work.

• Member Contributer

When I received my bike two weeks agao, it had the TB carbon exhaust on it. I rode it for a week, and the absence of the heat shield didn't bother me. I now have the stock system on it (with no heat shield...waiting patiently for UPS) and yes, it is warm on my right lower leg, but by no means hot.

• Member Contributer

So now I know my exhaust cans can be rotated for a little more clearance...thanks marcos for posting the photos.

BTW, if you do go with the 2Bros exhaust route, I suggest mounting the OEM sidecase hardware first and then the exhaust system, as getting the grab handle bolts aligned was difficult due to the slight clearance problem.

Archived