Factory Pro Shift Kit And Evo Star install

Guest BlueFireIce

Guest BlueFireIce

Ok, I would like to start by saying this is my first time making a how to so bear with me here. So if anything is missing or needs a better explanation PM or e-mail me and let me know. And if the photos are to small let me know, the originals are over 3mb each and thought it would be better to bring the size down.

To start, I did NOT drain the coolant, but most of you will want to so you can get the water pump out of the way, I am use to cramped mechanic places so it did not bother me.

IMG_1896.jpg

First part is easy. Just remove the clutch and speedo. After that there are two (2) bolts holding on the sprocket cover.

IMG_1897.jpg

As photo says, only two (2) bolts that need to be taken off to remove the water pump, the others hold the two half's of the pump together. There are two (2) other bolts behind the water pump that hold the shift cover on.

If you are taking the water pump off you just remove the hoses and pull off the pump.

IMG_1898.jpg

As photos says, tight, but can be done.

IMG_1899.jpg

Watch out for the part in the middle, it has little spring loaded parts in it and they can get lost very easy....Trust me.

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

Remember how the last two parts go on and line up. Also, when putting everything back, make sure you slide it all the way back on.

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

When taking the star off it will spin with the nut, just turn it (about one full turn) and it will stop, then remove the nut and the star will slide off. There is a little bump on the back, make sure you line it up with the new star.

IMG_1906.jpg

I had to put the cover and shaft back on at the same time since I did not take off the pump. This is why I said for most of you its a good idea to take it off as you need the shafts and arms lined up on this! I could "feel" when it was right, but you may not, you do this at your own risk.

I do not accept any responsibility for anything you may mess up for break! I make no guarantee that this info is perfect!

Guest BlueFireIce

Ok, I would like to start by saying this is my first time making a how to so bear with me here. So if anything is missing or needs a better explanation PM or e-mail me and let me know. And if the photos are to small let me know, the originals are over 3mb each and thought it would be better to bring the size down.

To start, I did NOT drain the coolant, but most of you will want to so you can get the water pump out of the way, I am use to cramped mechanic places so it did not bother me.

IMG_1896.jpg

First part is easy. Just remove the clutch and speedo. After that there are two (2) bolts holding on the sprocket cover.

IMG_1897.jpg

As photo says, only two (2) bolts that need to be taken off to remove the water pump, the others hold the two half's of the pump together. There are two (2) other bolts behind the water pump that hold the shift cover on.

If you are taking the water pump off you just remove the hoses and pull off the pump.

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

Watch out for the part in the middle, it has little spring loaded parts in it and they can get lost very easy....Trust me.

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

Remember how the last two parts go on and line up. Also, when putting everything back, make sure you slide it all the way back on.

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

When taking the star off it will spin with the nut, just turn it (about one full turn) and it will stop, then remove the nut and the star will slide off. There is a little bump on the back, make sure you line it up with the new star.

IMG_1906.jpg

I had to put the cover and shaft back on at the same time since I did not take off the pump. This is why I said for most of you its a good idea to take it off as you need the shafts and arms lined up on this! I could "feel" when it was right, but you may not, you do this at your own risk.

I do not accept any responsibility for anything you may mess up or break! I make no guarantee that this info is perfect!

• 1 year later...
  • Forum CEO

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

I do not accept any responsibility for anything you may mess up or break! I make no guarantee that this info is perfect!

• 3 years later...

For those of you who install a factory pro shift kit on a V-tec (2002-2010 / 6th generation VFR), first install the arm and spring and only after that put the star in position (a pesky job). Do it like this because the spring is quite strong and you risk to damage the thread on arm & spring bolt. After mounting the arm & spring, use a screwdriver to keep the arm's micro-bearing away from the star while mounting (if done right you can secure the screwdriver holding the arm by the foot peg during star's installation). You only need to drain the oil not the coolant.

Good luck!