Any experience with bikebolts.com fasteners

Guest gearhead82

I used them on my previous Gsxr and had no problems whatsoever with them. The bolts are alunimum instead of stainless like the oem though.

• 4 months later...

try tastynuts.com, have used them for years and they are very good, currently have most of my VFR out fitted with various bolts from them. Be careful of the anodised alum and the titanium, if you are trying to get colour matches the two different alloys have slighter different shades.

• Member Contributer

I bought a set matching the color on my '02. I'm pretty happy with them. The heads of the screws are slightly smaller than the stockers so, although the BBs come with washers to spread the load the plastic does deform more than I'd like around the bolt heads. The big downside is the coating is thick enough to make the socket too tight for the allen wrench. A previous poster noted his were aluminum. That was not my experience - the set I received are stainless. All things considered, though, I'm thinking seriously about going back to the stockers.

HTH.

I used them recently for a fairing project on a Hawk GT. They worked just fine, shipped quickly, and everything I ordered showed up. I did an internet search for a coupon too and came up with an extra 20% or 25% off. Shipping was extremely reasonable too, unlike most places. I can't comment on how they match up to OEM stuff (since the fairing I had wasn't OEM) or how they hold up over time yet, but I'd order from them again if needed. Oh, and the 5 mm rubber well nuts are much cheaper from them than they are from Honda. I ended up ordering a couple of extras from them in case I needed them for the VFR some day.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a set matching the color on my '02. I'm pretty happy with them. The heads of the screws are slightly smaller than the stockers so, although the BBs come with washers to spread the load the plastic does deform more than I'd like around the bolt heads. The big downside is the coating is thick enough to make the socket too tight for the allen wrench. A previous poster noted his were aluminum. That was not my experience - the set I received are stainless. All things considered, though, I'm thinking seriously about going back to the stockers.

HTH.

This is tastynuts US site http://www.probolt-usa.com/ the aluminium ones i referred to are the coloured bolts if you are trying to colour match the bolts with the bike. If you are staying raw then always go for titanium or the steel one for strength. I wanted the black ones and so far have held up for nearly 15000 miles and one complete winter.

Archived