'06 Gutted Cat?

crazybrother

Question

• Member Contributer

Hey guy's i'm thinking about gutting my cat on my '06 VFR. Has anyone done it yet and what were the results? Any performance gains, louder...? I already have a 2Bros. VALE pipe, so i'm looking for performance gains. Any pic's too would be nice.

Thx.

George.

4 answers to this question

Hey guy's i'm thinking about gutting my cat on my '06 VFR. Has anyone done it yet and what were the results? Any performance gains, louder...? I already have a 2Bros. VALE pipe, so i'm looking for performance gains. Any pic's too would be nice.

Thx.

George.

I have one for sale. You will need a power commander and O2 Eliminators. The sound is deep and definitely louder. I felt there was a power gain. Not rip your arms off power but still. PM me if your interested.

trace did a 5th gen....same difference....pretty dirty job.

i have a catless header and with a PCIII, it definitely rides much smoother and pulls much better.

• Member Contributer

Unless you have the tools and welding skilz, it would probably be easier and cheaper to get a 5gen system. It will bolt right up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELKEVIC-VFR800-98-01-VFR-vfr-800-Exhaust-Downpipes_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27a863f076QQitemZ170328846454QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Member Contributer

One of the changes for '06 was a more efficient, higher flowing cat. The cat is large camber but the cat itself, because of the honeycomb nature, will 'steer' the flow thru it. I believe If you remove the honeycomb, the empty camber will hurt flow, especially at low speed. The pipes need to be joined with a tuned collector, not a dump camber. Either leave it as is or buy a catless header.

Archived