Best place to buy Staintunes

vfrscott

• Member Contributer

Glad it fits! I wonder why Staintune changed the design at this late date, considering the VFR800 is now out of production.

The only thing I can think of is a lot of folks having cracks in the weld at the V in the collector tube. They are fully installed, and test driven and let me tell you, :goofy: :wheel: :goofy: :mad: :fing02: :unsure:

I also think that all the curvy tubing is somewhat superfluous. Maybe they were using to much tubing trying to emulate the stock system exactly.

Lookin good! Glad they worked out...Congrats!! Now I am going to be

going crazy waiting for mine! :huh:

• Member Contributer

Congrats to all you new and prospective Staintune owners. :wheel:

If any of you are thinking of selling your OEM mufflers, let me know. I'm hoping to do some gutsperimentation. :blink:

i would think it was all about $$$$. the new version is obviously cheaper to mfg as there are not bends....just T's. i think since the 800 doesn't really seem to respond much to exhaust "tuning", it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. you would seem to have a little more back pressure with a straight T design, but how much does that matter when most bikes have a huge cat choking off flow anyway.

• Member Contributer

Congrats to all you new and prospective Staintune owners. :fing02:

If any of you are thinking of selling your OEM mufflers, let me know. I'm hoping to do some gutsperimentation. :beer:

I'm thinking of hanging on to my stockers for now, but I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...

Congrats to all you new and prospective Staintune owners. :fing02:

If any of you are thinking of selling your OEM mufflers, let me know. I'm hoping to do some gutsperimentation. :pissed:

go with the full gut. sounds the same as all the aftermarket bikes i've ridden with. the staintunes just look so good i will probably upgrade someday.

• Member Contributer

Glad it fits! I wonder why Staintune changed the design at this late date, considering the VFR800 is now out of production.

The only thing I can think of is a lot of folks having cracks in the weld at the V in the collector tube. They are fully installed, and test driven and let me tell you, :blink: :laughing6-hehe: :fing02: :fing02: :laughing6-hehe: :pissed:

I also think that all the curvy tubing is somewhat superfluous. Maybe they were using to much tubing trying to emulate the stock system exactly.

I wonder how this new pipe configuration will work with the Rivcyko hugger I have, looks like with the suspension compressed the hugger may hit that new cross pipe?

• Member Contributer

The only thing I can think of is a lot of folks having cracks in the weld at the V in the collector tube. They are fully installed, and test driven and let me tell you, :blink: :laughing6-hehe: :fing02: :fing02: :laughing6-hehe: :pissed:

I wonder how this new pipe configuration will work with the Rivcyko hugger I have, looks like with the suspension compressed the hugger may hit that new cross pipe?

For what it's worth (may not be much), I have a Red Fox hugger on mine and I have had no clearance issues at all. I recently did 1800 miles with a full tailbag and yet again, no clearance issues.

• Member Contributer

I am about to buy a set of Staintunes for the '07. Where is the best place to buy them from?

I've seen the price range go from $980 - $1,099.00. I've come to grips with that, I just want

to place my order with a "Stocking" dealer who can ship quickly.

Thanks.

Used from a VFRD member. I'd look at some of the other brands too for that kind of cash..

• 2 months later...

I am about to buy a set of Staintunes for the '07. Where is the best place to buy them from?

I've seen the price range go from $980 - $1,099.00. I've come to grips with that, I just want

to place my order with a "Stocking" dealer who can ship quickly.

Thanks.

Used from a VFRD member. I'd look at some of the other brands too for that kind of cash..

If you're still looking, check out my Staintunes on Ebay they are in perfect condition. Only $430 right now with 2 days left. I expect someone's going to get these for about half of what they cost new!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2002-Honda-VFR800-VTEC-Interceptor-Staintune-Exhaust-/160470409062?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories

Archived