Best place to buy Staintunes

vfrscott

• Member Contributer

I am about to buy a set of Staintunes for the '07. Where is the best place to buy them from?

I've seen the price range go from $980 - $1,099.00. I've come to grips with that, I just want

to place my order with a "Stocking" dealer who can ship quickly.

Thanks.

I am about to buy a set of Staintunes for the '07. Where is the best place to buy them from?

I've seen the price range go from $980 - $1,099.00. I've come to grips with that, I just want

to place my order with a "Stocking" dealer who can ship quickly.

Thanks.

http://www.calmoto.com/SHOP/staintune.html

This is who I went through for mine. I had a good customer service experience (shipped same day) and the pricing seemed pretty decent (at least for my 4th gen).

• Member Contributer

Those look great, checksix. I better get my debit card out. I checked with Calmoto today. I'll probably be ordering next week.. Thanks. By the way, how do you like the sound? Stupid question, right!

• Member Contributer

They sound really good, of course. The nice thing is that you can leave the inserts in, or remove them, to adjust the dB's to your particular taste. Most take them out smile.gif

I've got a sneaking suspicion that I'll be taking them out :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I ordered mine from Motor Sports Network out of Cali. this past Wednesday. This is copied directly from the email he sent me...

Thank you for your order.

There is one pipe in stock in the US and you will get it.

This should ship out by UPS ground later today.

Thanks,

Bill

MN

I don't know how true it is, or if he was just trying to make me feel good about giving him my arm and leg for an exhaust set up. The pricing was right on par with most vendors, 989+15 or so for shipping. UPS says they will be here this Wednesday, can't wait!

PS. DO NOT order from exoticsportbike.com. The absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced, and I have done A LOT of online shopping in my life.

I read all the posts about searching for lower pricing and deals and have an answer. Before I give this answer, let me preface by saying: I do not work for any dealer and never have. I have never worked in the industry at all.

Cultivate a real relationship with your LOCAL DEALER. When this is done, it will happen. You will get the lowest pricing and best service from them, on STAINTUNE, OEM, tires...everything.

It works! Most mail order companies are local dealers, including the local dealer I have a great relationship with.

Peace

• Member Contributer

I ordered mine from Motor Sports Network out of Cali. this past Wednesday. This is copied directly from the email he sent me...

Thanks,

Bill

MN

I don't know how true it is, or if he was just trying to make me feel good about giving him my arm and leg for an exhaust set up. The pricing was right on par with most vendors, 989+15 or so for shipping. UPS says they will be here this Wednesday, can't wait!

PS. DO NOT order from exoticsportbike.com. The absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced, and I have done A LOT of online shopping in my life.

You are correct. It is going to take me 4 weeks to get mine> :goofy:

Oh well, something to look forward to.

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

Bill

MN

You are correct. It is going to take me 4 weeks to get mine> :goofy:

You're sh*ting me?! I actually got they last one in the country? Wow, sorry man, it will be well worth the 4 week wait I'm sure.

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

Bill

MN

You are correct. It is going to take me 4 weeks to get mine> :angry:

You're sh*ting me?! I actually got they last one in the country? Wow, sorry man, it will be well worth the 4 week wait I'm sure.

Yep. I just missed it. I knew I should have ordered it last week!

they're gone! they're ALL gone! i finally decide to make the move - money in the bank ready to spend - and there are NO Staintunes in the USA!

:comp13: :rolleyes: sad.gif

• Member Contributer

they're gone! they're ALL gone! i finally decide to make the move - money in the bank ready to spend - and there are NO Staintunes in the USA!

:angry: :mellow: sad.gif

I'm told mine will be in (In California :angry: ) on the 23rd. It'll probably

be about another week before I see them in person!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I've had Staintunes on my BMW airhead since 1985--still look brand new. So, in 2005 I installed "tunes on the VTEC.

During the process of going catless a few weeks ago I found the Y pipe was cracked around the hanger mount. I emailed Staintune and they replied they would either repair or replace--just ship the entire setup--pipe and mufflers- back to Australia. After laughing my ass off figuring I would need stimulus money to ship it to Australia I emailed CALMOTO in CA. Send the Y pipe they said and we'll ship you a new one. 30 bucks to ship and 2 weeks later I had a new pipe in hand. Try that with some other companies!

The old Y pipe had a solid mount --> the stress crack. The new pipe has a rubber bushing isolation mount. Cool!

Great product and great service by CALMOTO.

• Member Contributer

I ordered mine from sporttour.com They drop shipped them from California and I had them in a week. Cost a bundle ($1050). This was about 1 year ago.

gallery_10606_3386_291147.jpg

old-and-new.jpg

I just got mine yesterday and they sure don't look like this. It says VFR800i/Vtec on the box and all the documentation. The right can is welded to the main pipe which slips into a shorter pipe that connects to the header. Plus mine doesn't have the "U" shape to it, it just shoots 90 degrees off the pipe just in front of the right can and the left can slips on to that. Have these been redesigned or something? Oh, mine doesn't have the stand-off that bolts up to the rear peg bracket either.

I just got mine yesterday and they sure don't look like this. It says VFR800i/Vtec on the box and all the documentation. The right can is welded to the main pipe which slips into a shorter pipe that connects to the header. Plus mine doesn't have the "U" shape to it, it just shoots 90 degrees off the pipe just in front of the right can and the left can slips on to that. Have these been redesigned or something? Oh, mine doesn't have the stand-off that bolts up to the rear peg bracket either.

Can you post a picture? It almost sounds like they put the wrong parts in the box.

• Member Contributer

Can you post a picture? It almost sounds like they put the wrong parts in the box.

It looks like it will work though. To me, it doesn't look wrong, it looks different. The have a manufacture date of 1/8/2010 stamped on the hangers so I'm guessing it may be a redesign.

post-19030-126776314844_thumb.jpg

post-19030-126776316064_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Side by side...

Mine definitely are the style on the right. Sure those are the right pipes?

Flash

Well, after spending 1 large and all the hype about getting the last set in the USA, I sure hope they are :rolleyes:

There's only one way to find out.

• Member Contributer

Side by side...

Mine definitely are the style on the right. Sure those are the right pipes?

Flash

Well, after spending 1 large and all the hype about getting the last set in the USA, I sure hope they are :rolleyes:

There's only one way to find out.

Let us know how it turns out. I'm in the same boat, 1 grand down, so I'm interested! when mine show up, I'll let you know what they look like.

• Member Contributer

Look like 7th gen alternatives to me :rolleyes: ...There has to be an option over that monster stocker.

Na could be a redesign, if so its a lot simplier. Hope it works out guys, I happen to have the other Staintunes and love em.

• Member Contributer

Whew! I would call this a successful dry fit! Needs a little more massaging but I do beleive this pipe was made for this bike! Now where did I put that darn RTV? :unsure:

post-19030-126780345463_thumb.jpg

post-19030-126780346883_thumb.jpg

post-19030-126780348698_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Glad it fits! I wonder why Staintune changed the design at this late date, considering the VFR800 is now out of production.

The only thing I can think of is a lot of folks having cracks in the weld at the V in the collector tube. They are fully installed, and test driven and let me tell you, :goofy: :fing02: :wheel: :huh: :mad: :unsure:

I also think that all the curvy tubing is somewhat superfluous. Maybe they were using to much tubing trying to emulate the stock system exactly.

Archived