Zumo 665

BonusVFR

• Member Contributer

I am glad to see this. the reason I went with a pair of Garmin Nuvi 765t's (one for each bike) is because I could not handle the price tag of the 660. I am glad to see they set the new one at a different price point.............DOH :rolleyes:

• Forum CEO

Well for my 550, which by the way they have listed at $899 on the site, so take that into account I paid much much less for it in reality. SO - in order to get xm and weather I have to buy that stupid addtional antenna for another $200, which I wont! Because then you have to pay for xm service weather and radio each month on top of that grand you already laid out. So the Garmin 665 already comes with the xm antenne built in. Which makes the price compatable yet with more features, and a bigger screen? I find it interesting that my 550 is listed higher in price then the new 660?

So in the end if your wanting the xm gear then the 665 is probably the way to go, it all hinges on if you want xm or not. If it is worth it to you for the $13 - $20 a month extra for the xm subscriptions then take note traffic, weather, and radio all have a seperate subscription its a real package jacker? I could not justify paying year around for an item I wont use but for 4 months a year and only perhaps 2 days a week at that. You can use it in your car as well I am sure, but for me being a mile away from work its not worth it.

cf-md.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm still holding out for a 550. I agree that it's crazy they list it at a higher price then the 660. But it can be found for less. I'm just waiting on a little bit more extra money.

Archived