Givi rack options

vfr_steve

Question

Hey all!! (hope this is the right place for this post)

As some of you may know I have just traded in my silver 2003 VFR for a beautiful dark green 2000 VFR800.. the result? ... :fing02: :dry:

Anyway, I need to buy a GIVI rack for her and I have 3 options and need your opinion...

I have found a website selling a monokey Givi rack for just £60 brand new which I think is a steal but I have an offer from the dealership where I bought the bike to buy a Givi rack from them, fitted costing £120 but they're also going to throw in this custom seat from another 5th gen they have in...

15858968mb577.png

I'm not sure what brand of seat it is but what do you think? worth the extra cash?

My other option is buying a wingrack as I do go touring with pillion on my bike a couple of times a year and numerous days out. I'm not sure if it's worth fitting one as it does effect the look of the bike slightly and I wouldn't use the side bags all the time. At the minute I only have the 52Litre? givi topbox which has been all over the place, the box is a bit battered and bruised but it's still going strong!

Anyone got any pics of 5th gens with the wingrack?

Cheers!

Steve

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on the new ride!!

If that seat is a Sargent it's worth every last penny!!

• Member Contributer

The seat looks like a corbin to me- I have both a corbin and a sargent and i much prefer the corbin. Both are far better than stock and worth some cash if you decide to sell.

For a long time I was "top-case hater", but ever since I installed a givi top rack with E360 case, I'm a firm believer in them. I have a wingrack as well, but as stated earlier, they are ass ugly. I only install the wingrack when i need the side cases.

Thanks guys for taking the time to post up pictures and links, I think the wingrack looks good without the top part.

I've decided to buy the monokey topbox rack (I have soft bags) and take advantage of the custom seat - it does look like a Corbin but I guess I won't know for sure until I go over there... either way it's free and it's got to be more comfy than the standard one!

Cheers

You will be happy with the Givi Monokey system. I have really enjoyed mine and like others, I used to be a "topbox hater", now I know better! The givi rack looks very "factory" and has clean lines. I use that with Oxford softbags for my long ventures. Enjoy the ride bro :goofy:

You will be happy with the Givi Monokey system. I have really enjoyed mine and like others, I used to be a "topbox hater", now I know better! The givi rack looks very "factory" and has clean lines. I use that with Oxford softbags for my long ventures. Enjoy the ride bro :wheel:

Thanks Jon! :fing02:

Archived