Where/How you mounted HF tire changer

Guest bitterpil

gallery_14545_4425_2058539.jpg

IMG_1786.JPG

gallery_14545_4425_1953733.jpg

IMG_1787.JPG

I bought the 3/4 and 3/8ths hose , This looks pretty huge, should you place the pieces of hosing on the under side of the tire and rim or on top?

You said only need 2 pices, are they close together or spaced far apart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Thnx for the links and pics Dutch , so the valves are just push in type, I guess a special tool is needed?

You can find a valve stem tool at most auto parts stores for $5-$10 but with a little lube they usually go right in. I change mine after four or five tire changes.

One Option

Another Option

• Member Contributer

gallery_14545_4425_2058539.jpg

IMG_1786.JPG

gallery_14545_4425_1953733.jpg

IMG_1787.JPG

I bought the 3/4 and 3/8ths hose , This looks pretty huge, should you place the pieces of hosing on the under side of the tire and rim or on top?

You said only need 2 pices, are they close together or spaced far apart

Oh I'd say about 3-4 inches apart.....on the top side....opposite the side that you are trying to pull over. It pushes the bead down into the relief channel of the rim giving you enough extra to pull the last of the tire over the lip of the rim.

I'll try to get out to the garage today to take a photo....it's pretty cold out!

• Member Contributer

No big Hurry,

I'm just getting everything in place, I'm good on tires till spring.

I've got 5 of those hose inserts made.

Yeah, i didn't make it out there yesterday, too much shoveling :pissed:

But it's going to get into the mid to upper 30 this week and i'll get some photos for ya.

What did you get for a bar to remove the tires?

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should ride to meet my riding buddies for breakfast (45 miles -7 F.) or drive the car :ph34r:

5-10 years ago I would have ridden, but I'll probably drive....that way I can stop at Harbor Freight while i'm over there!

Archived