6th gen tank on a 5th gen

Veefer800Canuck

Question

So my tank has a slight dent in it from the accident, nothing serious, but since I'm rebuilding the bike better, faster, stronger, I thought I might go for the larger capacity 6th gen tank.

Now in this thread here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52569&st=0&p=666151&hl=6th%20gen%20tank&fromsearch=1entry666151

Our boy Frozen put a 6th gen tank on, but with a complete 6th gen tail, so the question of seat fitment is not addressed.

sa1713 was nice ehough to elucidate further on the mounting question, and drilling a couple holes for the rear mount is not a big deal.

What I REALLY want to know is: how does the 5th gen seat interface with the 6th gen tank? Are there any gaps ot other hideous blemishes that would stop me cold?

Has anyone actually bolted one up to their 5th gen, and do you have or can you take any decent pics of the seat/tank interface?

And I just missed a couple of really nice 6th gen tanks last week on Fleabay that went cheap with extremely little damage. I ain't buying something all caved in, nor am I spending full pop for a mint tank, just to have it painted over.

4 answers to this question

• Forum CEO

Wow I learn somthing new everyday, how much more capacity does the 6th gen tank have? Maybe my Buddy craig will let me put his on my bike - its a bit too cold out to try it now but if you are in a huge hurry maybe not? Yall might know Craig from my rides with him, he lent out his vfr to a dirt bike buddy so his father could go riding with him while visiting Colorado.

He did not want to do it, because the dudes father already wrecked two vfrs of his own. But he did anyway cause well hes like that. Anyway long story short he gets his bike back in a mess of peices cause he was rear ended by a car! So his buddies dad is 3 for 3! And he has is bike all apart for repairs he is doing himself, Craig was mortified when he got it back like that!

In any case I think the tank is on the floor of his garage - I can ask but I am sure he aint loaning anything out again in a long time!

I have a red tank off an '04 if you want one to test fit. It's in good condition minus a sizable dent where the PO's privates smashed into it. Yours for shipping.

Ouch! :biggrin:

Thanks, but shipping from Tex-ass to Albertie would be quite a few bux. And I don't really want a dented tank, scratched yes, dented no. It's getting painted anyhow, so......

Archived