Cortech Saddlebags and tailbags

Guest Razali

Dear Member,

I'm from Malaysia; with regards to the topic title above, recently I bought a sets of Cortech Saddlebags and tailbags for my VFR800A.The problem I had is what are the correct way to mount onto my bike.Came along together withe the bags is the instruction how to mount it but I think is so brief.The problem that I had as you know, how to avoid the straps touching the exhaust manifold.I had to tried many times to get advise from the supplier that I bought from but no feedback from them.

Anybody can help me.FYI In Malaysia there is no supplier for cortech items.

post-18828-125844379184_thumb.jpg

reagrds.

post-18828-12584439899_thumb.jpg

Greetings from Florida USA, Rizali, welcome. Attached are a good review and Coretech saddlebag attachment threads that may be helpful. You can find even more by doing a thorough search of the luggage forum. But, here are a couple of starters...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19447&st=0&p=221560&hl=Coretech%20saddlebags&fromsearch=1entry221560

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53794

Good luck!

Welcome to VFRD!

I have the same items and ran them some, but found some factory hard bags cheap. I always use the Cortech Sport tail bag every ride. Do you have the Sport bag or the bigger one?

post-301-125846893639_thumb.jpg

I just removed the hooks on the bungee cords and tied them together with knots and slid it over the seat, you can rotate the knots up under the bag instead of under the seat.

This set-up is a different brand?

post-301-125846910593_thumb.jpg

post-301-125846909415_thumb.jpg

SummerSummit09Meet103.jpg

I have the larger tail bag and it attaches to the saddle bags with fastex buckles, I don't use the shock cord, elastic hooks on the tail bag as there is no need with the saddle bags. You can see I had crafted an aluminum spreader bar when I switched from stock cans to Remus cans. Works great fast attach with pins.

• Member Contributer

I use these thingamigjigs from Aerostich to help secure the Cortech bags on my 5th gen.

med_gallery_2144_2760_118233.jpg

My generic review of the full size Cortech bags.

Another VFR Cortech Tribag Review

I like the bags a great deal and they have worked out well on multiple tours over the years but if I had a 6th generation I would opt for the OEM hard bags. Besides cost & weight the only advantage I see with the softbags is better protection when you drop your bike in the parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Slightly off topic...

...is there any worry about heat damage from the 6th Gen pipes?

No heat damage to the bags with stock pipes.

This sets me up for my question. I now have leo vince aluminum exhaust and worry about heat damage to my cortech saddle bags, anyone out there running aluminum leo's with cortech sport saddle bags. Does it melt them? Im worried about using the bags now that ive converted to the leo vince pipes.

Archived