Givi top case, holder replacement Q

awacs

• Member Contributer

Hi all, quick Givi question for my fifth gen. I have the SR161 mount (top case only) and an E52 case. The rack support just broke.

From the Givi web site and other web searches, I gather the the replacement part is 257FZ. But that is just the support arms. My question is, can I use my old mounting plate with that? Or do I need to buy the new M5 plate, which would suck?

Thanks,

Aram

Hi all, quick Givi question for my fifth gen. I have the SR161 mount (top case only) and an E52 case. The rack support just broke.

From the Givi web site and other web searches, I gather the the replacement part is 257FZ. But that is just the support arms. My question is, can I use my old mounting plate with that? Or do I need to buy the new M5 plate, which would suck?

Thanks,

Aram

Have you tried calling GiviUSA (877 679-4484)? I have ordered numerous small parts (latches for my E360's, rubber isolation pads, the things that keep the clamshells from opening all the way, etc). They have always been very helpful and in the case of a few parts, the new ones were improvements. Guess they figured out why they broke and changed the design.

hth,

Roger

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Roger. It used to be nearly impossible to contact Givi directly; they more or less insisted on going through your local dealer. At least, that was my experience. Thanks much for the direct contact info.

Aram

• 4 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Are talking about this support for the rack? How did it brake

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

No, he was talking about the 5th gen, different mount altogether.

Archived