Remus Exhaust Question

swimmer

• Member Contributer

I may be buying a remus carbon exhaust for my 6th gen if the price is right. There does not seem to be much info on this exhaust from current vendors. I see aluminum and "black" but carbon seems limited. I read one reference which said the carbon version was an open pipe (race/no baffle) version. Can anyone confirm or deny that is true? The owner said there is visible, non-removable baffles in the exhaust - just want to be sure of what I might be getting. Thanks for any help.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like mine, do you got a picture? Mine have about 2in dia insides with baffle holes and packing. At the outlets it necks down to about 1 3/8. They are shorter then most, which is what I like about them. Everybody that has heard them has liked the sound of them and they don't melt your soft luggage. A little crispier sounding then Staintunes, sound nice. Wife says their not very loud, all is good.

gallery_15527_4897_202561.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

Blasted!!! You must be bidding on ebay. I'm watching the carbon cans that end on Monday.

I've seen and heard the remus setup on a Ducati Multistrada 620 and they're quality. They don't have a removable baffle like LeoVince but they aren't over the top loud. I personally think they sound very good but that's just my opinion.

I'd be bidding against you if I wasn't trying to get a track day in before the end of the season. I need to save for a trailer hitch.

• Member Contributer

Thanks coderighter. Glad to hear they don't see overly loud.

russel62, yes I am going to bid on those but I'm pretty limited at to what I want to spend so my winning chances are probably not very good.

• Member Contributer

I went and checked Ebay and those are same ones. I seemed to remember I paid $375 from a member here. The only thing don't like about them is the big Remus badge on the side of them. Some day if I repack them, I'm going to remove the badges, switch the carbon sleeve side to side (to get the badge area on the inside) and fill the holes with rivets, minus the badges. Maybe.

I forgot to say that because they are shorter than most and carbon fiber, they're really light. I don't remember the exact numbers but I seem to remember the Viffer lost 10 lbs or so that day. The best part was that it was "high" weight, bonus.

• Member Contributer

I like 'em (Ti or CF but not SS). If I paint my bike black, I'd like some Ti ones. I've heard Remus cans in real life (and on a VTEC at that) and they're not too much louder than stock. For me, that's a good thing because I don't like loud motorcycles.

• Member Contributer
Blasted!!! You must be bidding on ebay. I'm watching the carbon cans that end on Monday.

I've seen and heard the remus setup on a Ducati Multistrada 620 and they're quality. They don't have a removable baffle like LeoVince but they aren't over the top loud. I personally think they sound very good but that's just my opinion.

I'd be bidding against you if I wasn't trying to get a track day in before the end of the season. I need to save for a trailer hitch.

Oh boy, I am bidding on these as well - LOL

Nice carbon pipes for 6th Gens do not come along that often, it would figure there would be multiple VFRD'ers bidding on them. I can't seem to justify full new retail and have been looking for a nice set of carbon cans.

• Member Contributer
Just my two cents, but, I don't like the angle of the cans on that white VFR in the picture above.

It doesn't follow the lines of the bike.

Really, I think they follow the line of the bottom of the fairing nice. I could tuck them up more I guess. It's also not a great picture, weird angle. I was just a picture that I already had, and I tossed it up.

Archived