Power Commander 5 W/autotune Update 2

coderighter

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a 5 and autotune for my 08. I've never messed with one of these before, so I'll be re-reading the threads to try and better understand.

Cool, Just ask if you have any ?'s

What is different on the 06+ models for the map by gear? Do the have a gear indicator built in? I have been looking at building one for my bike (for fun), but didn't know if the later VFRs were different than my 02 in that regard.

• Member Contributer

What is different on the 06+ models for the map by gear? Do the have a gear indicator built in? I have been looking at building one for my bike (for fun), but didn't know if the later VFRs were different than my 02 in that regard.

Check this out.....

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51935&st=0&p=618720&fromsearch=1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks for the great info provided by CR and JES regarding the ECT and VSS sensors for gear mapping with the auto tune.

I do not have an evap can so CR, do you have a suggestion as to where I could tie into and keep the auto tune from actuating during warm up?

I've traced the wires for the VSS(pink) but don't have the wire color for the ECT. The VSS runs into the 10 pin connector (white?) and ECT 10 pin (blue) with both of these (white/blue) terminating into the back of the instrument panel. Is it best to tap into those wires at just prior to their connectors (blue/white)? Or is there a better location?

I have a spare 98 harness that I'm working all this through with so when I do get my PCV, it will hopefully go smoothly.

• 2 months later...

got my PCV for my 01 today, can't wait to get it installed.

Hopefully I'll get it in this weekend.

Did not get the autotune yet. Only one tuning farkle at a time right now.