Camera Mount

Wheatie

• Member Contributer

Just wonderin' if anyone's set up a forward-looking camera mount. It seems like it's going to be problematic in that there's no room to mount a RAM system on the bars. The mirror bracket's out as there wouldn't be anything in the camera's view to relate (fairing, instruments, etc). Also considered a steering head mount, but haven't a clue how to go about that even if it's possible.... I'm running a very dark windscreen and I've got F2 forks and t clamps !

Suggestions/comments welcome ! !

:excl:

• Member Contributer
You could do a RAM mount off the steering stem, you just remove the black plastic cap & put a ball mount in it place. :laugh:

Is it really that simple ? Keeping in mind I'm old and inferm ......

Seriously, do you happen to know which RAM base I would order in this case ?

And will I be able to get clear imaging through a dark windscreen .......... :excl:

:rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Get a Go Pro Hero Wide. It comes with a suction mount that you can put on the inside of your windscreen with the camera peeking over the top. Works great, and you do not have to worry about the suction cup coming loose.

• Member Contributer
Get a Go Pro Hero Wide. It comes with a suction mount that you can put on the inside of your windscreen with the camera peeking over the top. Works great, and you do not have to worry about the suction cup coming loose.

:excl: Good plan.

No good shooting through the dark screen Wheatie, gotta get it outta there. Toddulu put the go pro on his front fender using Velcro, think it worked fine.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Knife ! ! I've got a camera, though, and would like to use it in the mix ! ! !

:excl:

Archived