High Mount Exhaust For A 1992 Vfr750f..does It Exist?

Guest Silver007fox

Guest Silver007fox

I have a 1992 VFR750F and would really like to put a high mount exhaust system on it...does anyone know if such a thing exists and where to find one?

Been searching but not having much luck..

Thanks in advance!

• Member Contributer

Hey there,

I was digging around a year or so ago along the same lines. My exhaust project got put on hold (because I developed a more urgent "tire replacement" project that ate into my farkle budget!). However, I'll be looking again soon because I've noticed a bit of perforation on the underside of my nearly 20 year old stock can!

I had some emails from some guys at Wild Hair Accessories, who sent me pics of a Nikko high rise that looked nice. However, the pic was on a 4th Gen, so I'd want to make triple-sure before ordering. Here was the details of the dude I talked to:

infowildhair@cox.net

www.whaccessories.com

Phone & Fax 623-581-1994

Mon-Thu 9:30-5:30 PST

I had a better feeling talking to some guys who were resellers of REMUS systems. Their details were as follows:

Knut Wagner & Frank Mullerauh

Max MOTO Distribution

REMUS Exhaust Systems

Melvin Brake Systems

knut@maxmoto.com

t. +1 415 355 1400

c. +1 415 420 2019

f. +1 415 355 0880

www.remususa.com

www.maxmoto.com

220 9th. street

San Francisco, CA. 94103

USA

Good luck, and please let me know how you make out - like I said, this will be moving back up my priority list in a year or two (unless I grow to really like the rumble of a disintegrating can!).

• Member Contributer
I have a 1992 VFR750F and would really like to put a high mount exhaust system on it...does anyone know if such a thing exists and where to find one?

Thanks in advance!

My old exhaust page showed many of the 3d-gen options available several years ago (including the Nikko and the Remus mentioned above), but others that certainly aren't any longer: Here. HTH.

Ciao,

I've got a really nice Staintune slip on (sorry, not for sale yet) that I bet would work with the 3rd gens, though I am not certain about that. On ebay there's a cmpany in UK that makes a left exit system for the 3rd gen, its a bit expensive but looks good.

• Member Contributer

Thanks in advance!

make one using a carbon race can and sumone who will bend you a connector-pipe. Its not rocket science and will cost the same as anything that was avaliable to buy...... :huh:

gallery_5025_556_5314.jpg

the big picture

i got lucky first time round with a second hand laser..........

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks in advance!

make one using a carbon race can and sumone who will bend you a connector-pipe. Its not rocket science and will cost the same as anything that was avaliable to buy...... :goofy:

gallery_5025_556_5314.jpg

the big picture

i got lucky first time round with a second hand laser..........

I see a lot of different ones all over ebay... u.k. canada... all over for the 3rd gen's just keep looking man... you'll find one or two smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Two Brothers used to make a high left exit exhaust. I have a full low left exit system on my '92. They don't make it anymore but if you can locate a set of used Two Bros headers, it wouldn't be difficult to get an S-pipe made to hook up to a canister. You will lose the footpegs.

Thanks in advance!

Two Brothers used to make a high left exit exhaust. I have a full low left exit system on my '92. They don't make it anymore but if you can locate a set of used Two Bros headers, it wouldn't be difficult to get an S-pipe made to hook up to a canister. You will lose the footpegs.

Just keep searching on ebay for 'vfr 750 exhaust', I was doing this almost daily and finally found the TBR headers for $100. It wasn't even advertised as a left exit system so I bet it wasn't found by a lot of other searches. The 3rd and 4th are so similar that I think all of the exhaust is interchangeable.