Yoshimura - Possible For My Vfr?

danielvfr

Hi guys,

I know its a long shot since yoshimura doesnt manufacture exhaust systems for my 6 gen veefer, but is there a chance that perhaps a system of theirs is compatible with my bike?

thanks.

More than likely not. You're best bet is to search eBay, as there can be the periodic exhaust system that shows up there. Every once in a while you'll see a Two Brothers Racing system there, I also believe that Motad, Predator and Delkavic are making exhaust systems for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

Any paticular reason why you favor a Yoshi pipe?? If you really want that bike to growl you should invest in a set of Staintunes. They are hands down the best sounding exhaust for the VFR

Regards,

Rollin

Well, one of the reasons to wanting the yosh is the look of the carbon system - Beautiful!

veefer800canuck - thank you very much for the link.

I sent an email to yoshimura asking perhaps they have a system that is compatible, I hope they do. I'll update if they reply.

• Member Contributer
Someone here adapted a set of Yoshi Tri-Oval pipes to their 6th gen.

IIRC, they looked quite nice.

After a LOT of searching, here is the thread:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32537

HEY!!! That's MY build!! :goofy: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice to see that it's still referenced. Unfortunately, Yosh doesn't make anything for the 6th gen. Even more unfortunate is the fact that I neither have a decent sound clip, nor do I have the bike anymore. But you can ask any of the So. Cal VFR guys, it sounds great! Docile and professional below 7K, and then small NASCAR V8 above 7K. Perfect backpressure, no tin can or spitting at high revs, just good tone, like staintunes but with a unique look. I wasn't able to dyno it before it got stolen, but I ran Kosey's map on a PC3 USB with 5th gen catless headers and airbox mod, and the bike pulled...hard!

If I could do it all over again, I'd redesign the midpipe. I like the Ducati-style split, but you need to trim the "Trunk" to make it fit properly, which I didn't do. And I got some tire rub. Maybe you can do a better job. However, I've never seen anyone else do it, anywhere.

I agree that the carbon TRS cans would look SICK!!! Good luck with the build, you'll be happy.

Hi guys,

I know its a long shot since yoshimura doesnt manufacture exhaust systems for my 6 gen veefer, but is there a chance that perhaps a system of theirs is compatible with my bike?

thanks.

I have a Yoshimura on my 99. Love it. Don't know about yours, but good luck. I just put a cowl on mine, so I guess I'm going to have to stick a photo of it on here somewhere.

• Member Contributer
Hi guys,

thanks.

I have a Yoshimura on my 99. Love it. Don't know about yours, but good luck. I just put a cowl on mine, so I guess I'm going to have to stick a photo of it on here somewhere.

Yes. Please post up some pix. Thanks.

Archived