Haymarket Ride

Guest 1976Mike

Guest 1976Mike

On Sunday I met up with some people from a small community called dcsportbikes.net (read huge). This was my second meeting with these guys, as the first meet went OK, this one was much better. There were all types of sport bikes, Ninja's, GSXr's, R1, R6, SV's. I thought maybe I would be the only Interceptor, nope. There is a nice suprise. 3 Generations of Interceptors. I was still on the oldest bike in the group, I am getting used to the "man, I so wanted one of those back in the day" comments.

gallery_15770_4749_343696.jpg

83 interceptor side 1.jpg

gallery_15770_4749_255827.jpg

1993 interceptor.jpg

gallery_15770_4749_285959.jpg

199x interceptor.jpg

I was impressed with their organization and the way that the 50+ bikes were handled. This is in complete contrast to the other report I just read about the NJ incident. I would say 90% of these guys were fully ATGATT. We hit backroads from Haymarket, VA to Front Royal, VA. Was a nice pace, as we did this right, not 1 large mass of bikes, but 4 smaller groups, with leaders and 2 sweepers per group. The way back was intense, as the pace was agreed upon to be a bit more advanced. So advanced that my bike went fast enough to loose a side fairing. Good thing I was able to stop and pick it back up.

Have to say this was a great ride! If any of you guys are in the Metro DC area and looking for some good people to ride with, these guys (and gals) don't dissapoint.

• Member Contributer

Uhhh....that last one can't be a 2003 as it would be a 6th Gen and not a 5th. Just thought I would point that out. wink.gif

And good to know that it takes all kinds to ride. :biggrin:

Nice bike!

I had a clean '83 750 that I sold last year. Same color scheme.

Also, mine was the only one I'd ever seen that had the solo seat cowl. Now yours is the only other one I've seen.

I've been told those things are super rare.

gallery_14476_4587_19660.jpg

right3.jpg

Archived