Headlight Adjustment

Polarbear

• Member Contributer

Hello,

I remember having this exact question in another thread started up by Monk, but no one gave me the answer. If it's a silly question, just say so and I'll go away. However, if you have the answer, please chime in.

I need to adjust my headlight because a lot of people were flashing me on my low beams at night last time I used the bike (last summer... cough.. cough...).

I know we can use the screws that we can have access to under the nose of the bike, but I would need someone to tell me what is a good height for the beam on the wall and how far from the wall.

Thanks!

ppm

Hello, I would need someone to tell me what is a good height for the beam on the wall and how far from the wall.

Thanks! ppm

First measure the height of an average size car side mirror. Then back off a wall about 30 feet, and use that as a starting point. Then go for a night ride and see if you can see far enough ahead to feel comfortable, and adjust from there...... Monk

Hello, I would need someone to tell me what is a good height for the beam on the wall and how far from the wall.

Thanks! ppm

First measure the height of an average size car side mirror. Then back off a wall about 30 feet, and use that as a starting point. Then go for a night ride and see if you can see far enough ahead to feel comfortable, and adjust from there...... Monk

What I do is set it up so the high beam is parallel to the ground and then the low beam is usually OK.

Set the spot on the wall the same height as the high beams and center the spot at that height.

If people flash you, too bad, at least they have seen you.

take them up higher than you think, other wise you wont be able to see around dark corners even with high beams on

that puts my highbeams upper light limit well into the upper tree line

Archived