Show Me Your Mid Pipes!

vanion2

• Member Contributer

I know there are a gazillion different exhaust systems available when you consider all the custom projects you ingenious people put together. Usually I see some great work on the mufflers but as I am now delving into a custom project of my own I find I have some serious questions that need to be addressed.

6th Gen VFR + 07-08 Yamaha R1 cans (credit to Alien VFR on this one). What I would like to see is pictures of 6th Gen midpipes from any after market/custom exhaust system. I have a guy lined up to do the work but I want to be as informed as possible in directing him in the direction needed to go to get the midpipe done right so there are no clearance/safety issues for the VFR. I know the stock setup has a flattened S done for the left muffler to make it as compact as possible. What I want to know is how closely other midpipe manufacturers have followed this configuration. Your help here is as always greatly appreciated.

TIA smile.gif

• Member Contributer
I know there are a gazillion different exhaust systems available when you consider all the custom projects you ingenious people put together. Usually I see some great work on the mufflers but as I am now delving into a custom project of my own I find I have some serious questions that need to be addressed.

6th Gen VFR + 07-08 Yamaha R1 cans (credit to Alien VFR on this one). What I would like to see is pictures of 6th Gen midpipes from any after market/custom exhaust system. I have a guy lined up to do the work but I want to be as informed as possible in directing him in the direction needed to go to get the midpipe done right so there are no clearance/safety issues for the VFR. I know the stock setup has a flattened S done for the left muffler to make it as compact as possible. What I want to know is how closely other midpipe manufacturers have followed this configuration. Your help here is as always greatly appreciated.

TIA smile.gif

You might wanna look through my thread of installing LeoVince cans. You should be able to see how the midpipe looks on those.

/faceplant

• Member Contributer
I have a bunch of bigger ones and 2 or 3 smaller ones.

wood-smoking-pipes.jpg

:cool: :laugh: :laugh:

• Member Contributer
I have a bunch of bigger ones and 2 or 3 smaller ones.

wood-smoking-pipes.jpg

Thanks Timmehhhh. :cool:

Ahhh...good to see the Leo Vince setups don't worry too much about clearance issues with their setups. That will make things easier (aka less expensive). :laugh:

Archived