Gear Up - Atgatt Survey

JES_VFR

• Member Contributer
Well what about making some VFRD.com reflective decals? We could put on our bikes/cars/trucks ect.

Just an idea.

That's brilliant! Make one in R157 red that lights up and I'd totally buy some!

P.S. PM sent, sorry I'm so delayed.

What I'd like is to find some outfit that can take a design and cut it out of reflective tape like that. I've found out that the red strip of plastic on the back of my Givi top case isn't reflective so I'd like to add something there, I was thinking text that reads "THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS" like the label on Woody Gutherie's guitar. I haven't bothered really looking for such a service though, but I bet something exists like that.

Send a PM to member Throttlepimp, I know he can hook you up! :cool: :cool:

With the digital imaging machine I have access to I can print on then cut out reflective material.

Flames, splashes and lightening have been done.

During the day:

600f4ilightening0ft.jpg

At night with a flash of light:

600f4ilighteningstrike2ha.jpg

Sitting at an intersection at night when this thing goes by is quite the little lightening show.

The layout:

600rr03lightning6vh.jpg

gallery_14004_4215_262581.jpg

IMG_0082.JPG

gallery_14004_4215_879024.jpg

IMG_0081.JPG

I'm with you! I did something similar on my 954RR.

• Member Contributer

With regard to how you would try to convice non-ATGATT riders to ride ATGATT I was trying to think of a good analogy and I felt that riding non-ATGATT is a very similar hazard/risk as if you were having promiscuous sex with multiple partners and didn't use prophylactics. This is really just to illuminate the absurdity of the "It's most likely not going to happen to me" mind set, which is easy to convince yourself of until, of course, it does happen to you. I know that if I didn't ride ATGATT I would feel quite naked, even with wearing everything else except for jeans instead of armored pants.

I plan on commuting to work this summer on my VFR quite a bit and dress code at work is business/business casual. What do I plan on doing? Bringing my work clothes in one of my bags and then changing at work. I love riding, but I value my safety far more than convenience, slight improvements in comfort, etc. If it's too much of a hassle then I won't be riding to work.

Road Rash Queen

You wanna go through the mofo of pain she must have, go ahead ride in your flip flops and wife beater.

I can turn my head a little as I pass, just like I do for dead squirrels and possums in the road. :rolleyes:

Guys,

Some interesting responses, I have had the opportunity to test gravity...and its not what they have cracked it up to be.....

old road rash girl is a trip...I hear she is now a riding coach......but the quwstion beckons to me and I go back to the day when I was in motorcyc;e sales...ah those were the days....Whos fastest,got most h/p but I always saved a time in my spiel for saftey gear.....I would hold up a pen amd let go of it....do that several times and say...gravity ,iy worls every time.....I'v an actual pic of afellow who fell down wearing blue jeans and sneakers w/ a football jersey...mucho road rash...his toes were black.....These things helped....Igot 0 commission on apparrel and I made he pitch for the customer...but as you know you can lead that proverbial horse to water.....

rodm850g

Alright, I'm a convert, just ordered a pair of ACR pants, seems to get a little better reviews than my Levi's.

Have had the rest of the gear though, always full armored leather jacket, gloves, boots, helmet.

• Member Contributer
Alright, I'm a convert, just ordered a pair of ACR pants, seems to get a little better reviews than my Levi's.

Have had the rest of the gear though, always full armored leather jacket, gloves, boots, helmet.

I road nearly a year in jeans (steel reinforced Joe Rocket jeans, but still) and now that I have my leather pants, I feel naked without them.

Plus, it is SO much more comfortable to squeeze the tank in leathers, they just make riding more comfortable. My knees fit better up against the tank, and the leather sticks like glue to the tank, no need to get those stompgrip rubber pads.

See my thread about my motorcycle accident if anyone isn't convinced about leather pants. I'd have one seriously messed up knee if it wasn't for them...

Hey I did not need anyone to convince me of the need for atgatt before.

Anyone that looked at the Flickr photoset of my gear after the august hit and run could see that it did the job.

Yeah, it was textile,

Yeah, it lasted one crash,

Yeah, there were a couple of moderate issues with it afteward (welded one outside of the leg zipper together, so they cut the pants off).

Yeah, I still had some injuries.

But,

I had ZERO road rash, no concussion and almost no street jacket has a chest plate in it (which was the only thing that would have prevented my broken ribs)

No glove would have prevented the bone bruise and muscle tear in my right palm.

Gear works, wear the best you can afford.

That is all I can say.

Archived