Good Buy?

Guest VFryguy

Guest VFryguy

I found a 1984 Interceptor 1000 in great shape for it's year. It starts/runs great, has good plastics, all gauges work, good tires etc. Has 17,500 original miles on it. The guys was asking $1550.00 for it but needed to have a it a couple more weeks. Said since I have been patient he will sell it to me for $1200.00 Has clean title in hand and everything. He has a bunch of Europene bikes that are all in great condition and seems to really take care of his stuff. What you guys think? Is this a good deal? P.S. Supposed to get it tomorrow if I'm gettin it so any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Member Contributer
I found a 1984 Interceptor 1000 in great shape for it's year. It starts/runs great, has good plastics, all gauges work, good tires etc. Has 17,500 original miles on it. The guys was asking $1550.00 for it but needed to have a it a couple more weeks. Said since I have been patient he will sell it to me for $1200.00 Has clean title in hand and everything. He has a bunch of Europene bikes that are all in great condition and seems to really take care of his stuff. What you guys think? Is this a good deal? P.S. Supposed to get it tomorrow if I'm gettin it so any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like a very good price w/ that mileage, good bodywork.

• Member Contributer

I would grab it at that price. Good luck and don't forget to post pics. Thanks, JD

You better get it quick.

That low mileage, and if everything works your looking at a great find. Figure the things you will need to do are carbs/brakes/chain/tires.

Enjoy!

Well I picked it up today. WIll post pics this week. And it only had 14,365 miles on it lol. Seems to run great. May need a carb cleaning but so far so good! Allot more power than that 700 lol. Has the original owners manual, toolkit and everything. Has new tires and chain. May need some brake work but they work well for now.

Archived