Euro Exhaust

Guest Mark5948

Guest Mark5948

I found an aftermarket system for the vtec, but now I cant remember where or what the name is. It looks almost identical to the stock system but only has one exit port on the can. I want to say the brand name was Boss or something like that. If anyone knows what I am talking about or even better has this system please let me know if it is any good.

Guest vfrrider

Euro aftermarket, sounds like Boss? You mean BOS? Did not know they made a VFR exhaust, but I've been wrong before.

Larry

VFRrider

I have them, if you are looking for loud.... this aint them. louder then stock with a bit more bass. Looks great I think.

IMG_2200.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have a sound clip of some kind would ya?

Thank you Laurent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Now does anyone have any experiance with this system?

OK, But whats the performance like,did you see better torque,better top end or cant you tell? Please clarify for me,is this an entire exhaust system

or is it just the slip on pipes? thanks eddie

• Member Contributer
Thank you Laurent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Now does anyone have any experiance with this system?

OK, But whats the performance like,did you see better torque,better top end or cant you tell? Please clarify for me,is this an entire exhaust system

BOS is a dutch company with an exellent website, CHECK IT OUT

if you click on catalogue, you can selct Honda and then the VFR

Powercurves are provided.

DATA SHEET http://www.bos-exhausts.com/cat/pdf/bos-honda/0230208.pdf

not much gain, as is to be expected.

Mr Honda will not leave too much free hp lying around, whilst maintaing emossion/noise regulations.

Sound/looks/weight more of a factor here.

The Akra on my 4th gen was bought for looks and sound. added bonus was the OEM weiging around 6 kilos (muffler with s pipe) versus the AKRa 1.6 KILO...

• Member Contributer

It's a slip on. The VFR has a catalytic converter just ahead of the slip on. About the only way you will be able to get improved power delivery from the VFR is to get a full system that eliminates the converter (custom header), and add a Power Commander or similar fuel mapping system with a custom map. Even then gains will be nominal. Beyond that you would have to do internal mods or a bore kit.

Not trying to discourage your desire to get a slip on, (I have one), but there is no significant power to be gained. The upside is that there are few bikes on the planet that sound as sweet as a VFR with a good aftermarket exhaust!! :happy:

• Member Contributer

I really like the BOS GP-1 slip-on but have not been able to get any dealer info at all. I have emailed BOS directly but never got any response sad.gif

It would be nice to at least find a dealer that could supply pricing info but I guess there is always LV :happy:

I really like the BOS GP-1 slip-on but have not been able to get any dealer info at all. I have emailed BOS directly but never got any response sad.gif

It would be nice to at least find a dealer that could supply pricing info but I guess there is always LV :happy:

I was only looking at it cause of the style.. I really like the look of the stock exhaust but want something that dont weight so much and has less cross flow baffeling. A little better sound is always good to have. I am sure the prices are to expensive for me to deal with and I will end up reworking a stock set of exhaust.

Yes they are just slip on's and if I remember right the are about 15 lbs lighter the stock. Can't help with the sound clip as I just changed the headers for the 99 5th gen headers. If you are thinking of change those as well or gutting your cat then I can try to get you a sound clip.

I know when I bought mine I saw them for around $1200, I bought mine used so I don't know. I also don't know of anyone else that has them on so the are very rare.

Archived