O2 Eliminator '05 Vfr

Guest Dsquared

Question

Guest Dsquared

I tried to do the Oxygen sensor eliminator today, from the pictures and such on the forums. But my bike's wiring is nothing like the pictures, and I can't find anything other pictures to show me. Can anyone please help me. I'm kinda a dummy as far as motorbikes with this stuff.

8 answers to this question

Remove the left side cover.

Below the radiator is a group of wire connectors that are protected by a rubber boot.

Peel or slide the boot up, disconnect the proper connectors and install the eliminators in their place (they will only fit in the correct connectors there, so no guessing).

Replace the boot and secure the loose wire ends, replace side cover.

Done!

Remove left fairing. Find the 02 sensors in the exhaust. Follow the wires back to the plugs. They are right under the case cover.

• Member Contributer

Are you using the 330 ohm resistors or the actual O2 eliminators?

There is one black and one natural colored connector. If you are using the 330 ohm resistors, be sure you put the ends in the correct pins.

I left the sensors in the exhaust and taped up the ends, then tucked them out of the way.

I took off the left side and found a black, orange and red connectors, there is a semi-transparent one that is not bunched with these ones, but that's all I found, I guess I will have to try to follow the wires from the cat and up through the bike. Oh and I am using the 330 ohm resistors.

Anyone done this on this gen of VFR and have pictures, I would greatly appreciate it, as I don't wanna screw my bike up by putting it in the wrong connector

I took off the left side and found a black, orange and red connectors, there is a semi-transparent one that is not bunched with these ones, but that's all I found, I guess I will have to try to follow the wires from the cat and up through the bike. Oh and I am using the 330 ohm resistors.

Anyone done this on this gen of VFR and have pictures, I would greatly appreciate it, as I don't wanna screw my bike up by putting it in the wrong connector

Here is a shot from my 2002...should be the same look

O2sensorsandconnectors.png

Thank you that should help a little I can sorta tell where that is on the bike now!!! Yay, now I can actually do the 330 ohm resistors and see what happens. I guess I'll do it as soon as I have time. Thanks again everyone

• Member Contributer

Here is a link to a how to thread on the O2 eliminator with some good pics showing the correct pin outs for installing the 330 ohm resistors. Notice that the ends of the resistors go in the pin outs opposite of the locking tabs on the connectors.

I would not recommend running the O2 eliminator modification without a PCIII. Get a PCIII and obtain Cozye's map from the downloads section of this website.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20350

Ok done, the bike seems to run better, but it smells like it is running very rich.... well I guess I'll pay attention to that, but I did get er dun. Thanks again

Archived