Givi 35 Cases On Your Vfr

Guest veeferon

Guest veeferon

The only distributor (Rick Roush) I have located that still has the pearl white factory hard cases does not ship outside of the USofA. My choices are buy red or black from the UK and have them painted to match or buy Givi 35's.

Anybody had any experience with the Givi's?

Yep. Love them. :rolleyes:

They look good Vanion2.

A couple of questions:

Can you stuff a full-face helmet into a side case?

Were the easy to install?

Are the side cases easy to remove from their rails?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
The only distributor (Rick Roush) I have located that still has the pearl white factory hard cases does not ship outside of the USofA. My choices are buy red or black from the UK and have them painted to match or buy Givi 35's.

In BC, we have access to a number of places in Washington State just across the border (500m?) that will hold your package for about 4-5$. All you have to do is drive across the border, pick them up, drive back and import them into Canada (pay duties if you need to, make sure you bring the invoice with you) and away you go. That's where I got my brand new Sidi boots shipped there yesterday and I'll go pick them up tomorrow! yay!

You should be able to find a similar place in Ontario. Are you located far frmo the bordre? I'm not familiar with Fenelon Falls.

ppm

I have the V35's also. They are pretty nice. I cannot fit my full face helmet in there however. The mounting is easy and allows a little more room than the factory bags between the bike and bag, so mounting just about any aftermarket exhaust shouldnt be an issue. I like the removable panel on the side of the case...I plan on painting those on my bags to match my white '06 :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I can fit a size Medium Shoei RF-1000 helmet in each case but it's just barely big enough.

The mounting kit is pretty straight forward. It took me about 30 minutes to complete the install.

Getting the cases on/off are a 10 second procedure that can be done with one hand.

They are water tight, rugged, and are not in the way for 2 up riding except for mounting/dismounting of the pillion. As kb2wji said, they will not interfere with after market exhausts because they leave plenty of room while still snugging up against the bike. I got the flat black ones because I hadn't decided on the final bike colors yet and they can be professionally painted pretty easily or left as is (which I will probably do). I would highly recommend them.

They work for me! Don't fit a full-sized helmet readily, though the Coocase will hold two.

03_VFR_800A.jpg

• Member Contributer

Love them. I have had mine for about a month or so. A full size Nolan 103 will fit into the top or the sides but its all it can handle.

It is great to go out somehwere and have somewhere to lock up your stuff on the bike and not have to carry it every where or worry about it.

I got my complete set for about $1,200 shipped from Twisted Throttle.

In BC, we have access to a number of places in Washington State just across the border (500m?) that will hold your package for about 4-5$. All you have to do is drive across the border, pick them up, drive back and import them into Canada (pay duties if you need to, make sure you bring the invoice with you) and away you go. That's where I got my brand new Sidi boots shipped there yesterday and I'll go pick them up tomorrow! yay!

You should be able to find a similar place in Ontario. Are you located far frmo the bordre? I'm not familiar with Fenelon Falls.

ppm

Probably about three hours to the nearest crossing. I had thought about having them shipped to a friend in Rochester and then going down there to pick them up. I think the 35's are looking pretty good though and a lot less pricey. I'm getting a dealer in Peterborough (about 40 minutes from me) to price these out for me.

They work for me! Don't fit a full-sized helmet readily, though the Coocase will hold two.

03_VFR_800A.jpg

They look great! You've sold me.

Thanks!

03_VFR_800A.jpg

Hey, 03VFR0078,

Which top case is that? I'm looking to buy one for my '04 VFR.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
I have only top case from Givi V46 using quick lock plate from SW-MOTECH.

I choosed SW-Motech because when I remove top case and plate it locks very good.

see http://www.sw-motech.de/produkt/index.php?...mp;marken_id=24

In V46 you can put 2 full helmetes. I'm very happy with it

I also have the V46 and can 2nd that 2 Medium Shoei RF-1000's fit in there but very snugly.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm about to take possession of an A6 Vtec (2007 model) which has the honda side racks on. does anyone know if the V35 cases will fit straight on or do I need to take the racks off and fit the Givi PLX ones ?

Hi guys,

I'm about to take possession of an A6 Vtec (2007 model) which has the honda side racks on. does anyone know if the V35 cases will fit straight on or do I need to take the racks off and fit the Givi PLX ones ?

The V35's will not fit with the Honda OEM side racks. You do need the Givi PLX, sorry.

Wish these could be fitted to the 5th generation!

Hi guys,

The V35's will not fit with the Honda OEM side racks. You do need the Givi PLX, sorry.

• Member Contributer
If you want the side cases, can you find a friend to bring them back as "Luggage" on a drive across the border?

Sounds like an idea to me.

Hi guys,

No need to be sorry - that's good advice...thanks.

Keep it shiny side up

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer
Hi guys,

As an alternative to the Givi PLX racks, I would also point out that Givi offers a new PLXR rack which is a quick-release rack system. The VFR800 is one of the few bikes listed in the Givi Canada website fitment page here.

If you're starting over with the Givi racks anyway, I thought I'd mention that possibility.

(If you plan to leave the bags on all the time, its a non-issue; actually, the standard PLX racks might even be preferable. But if you plan to use the V35 bags some of the time and leave them off some of the time, then the PLXR racks might be preferable.)

No first-hand experience with either; I've got the old-school Givi wingrack2 on my 4th gen.

Good luck,

Ron

As an alternative to the Givi PLX racks, I would also point out that Givi offers a new PLXR rack which is a quick-release rack system. The VFR800 is one of the few bikes listed in the Givi Canada website fitment page here.

If you're starting over with the Givi racks anyway, I thought I'd mention that possibility.

(If you plan to leave the bags on all the time, its a non-issue; actually, the standard PLX racks might even be preferable. But if you plan to use the V35 bags some of the time and leave them off some of the time, then the PLXR racks might be preferable.)

No first-hand experience with either; I've got the old-school Givi wingrack2 on my 4th gen.

Good luck,

Ron

I bought standard racks and they are great. However, the removable racks are the way to go if you will ride without the bags. I went with standard racks thinking the removable feature was 1 more thing to break. After ordering, I saw a demo and immediately regretted not getting the removable version.

Archived