Looking For A Change

Guest jayazusa

• Member Contributer

#2 - But you MUST carry the wing trough onto the tank. Having the tank done really ties the whole thing together. Good idea with going for the wrap! Vinyl wrapping vahicles is getting really popular.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
I think HONDA missed the line a bit on the '09, if they brought the black down a bit more it would look much better.

+1.gif

they should have left the forks alone and used a silver frame and wheels. i like the "plain" black bodywork much better than asphault black, though.

• Member Contributer

This is the line I was talking about, if you followed it as it curved down it wouldn't follow the "face down ass up" lines of the bike.

cowlline.jpg

Of course all just my opinion.

I like option 1 a lot and just might have this done. My question would be, what is the total size of the Honda logo on the bottom of the fairings? (length and height) I'm guessing 2 1/2" x 16" or 3" x 16"? I have a place that will cut the letters out in mask.

Thanks,

Ricky

Well it is done I went with a modified Option 1, but this is only the first phase I am working on the second phase to paint the tank and front cowl.

gallery_10798_4530_1837428.jpg

DSC04671.JPG

gallery_10798_4530_275811.jpg

DSC04670.JPG

gallery_10798_4530_689096.jpg

DSC04678.JPG

gallery_10798_4530_1146140.jpg

DSC04677.JPG

I like option 1 a lot and just might have this done. My question would be, what is the total size of the Honda logo on the bottom of the fairings? (length and height) I'm guessing 2 1/2" x 16" or 3" x 16"? I have a place that will cut the letters out in mask.

Thanks,

Ricky

The Logo I used was 1.5" tall by 12" I found and EPS file out on the web and had a shop cut it. I looked at placing it along the bottom but the bolts kind of threw it off. I may change it in the future but for now I like it.

paint or vinyl??

Looks good.

The Black and White are paint under clear coat the Honda is a vinyl cutout. I am happy with it but looking for some parts to do tank, front cowl. I wanted to get on the road and will continue to do more over time.

Jay

From one unafraid to do unorthodox things,

Looks good! Kind of Gen 4-ish! which of course makes perfect sense to me :biggrin: Wings would be nice, too, but not on the mid fairings, just the tank. Depends on if you're trying to make it look sportier.

Just make sure that what ever you do is BOLD enough to balance the strong styling of your bike. No little pinstripes or spindly stuff. Try to break up large silver areas.

Black..I'm a little up in the air about black on silver. It's a little stark. A silver bike is very difficult to make it look racy, unless you do colored accents. Maybe blue or red (darker shades) maybe a scheme like the '07 RWB, only in shades of progressively darker silver and grey. (wish I could Photoshop)

However, it looks like you're on the right track. I look forward to see how you complete your bike.

Like my bike or not, check out my blog to see the process I went through to get it to this point (even I'm not sure it's exactly what I want, but paint is relatively easy to change). I'm having a lot of fun, and that's what all of this is about. Ride on.

• Member Contributer

Cool, the stripe is thicker than I visualized but it's good. The only thing is it will be hard to use a stripe that thick on upper parts of the bike......

Cool, the stripe is thicker than I visualized but it's good. The only thing is it will be hard to use a stripe that thick on upper parts of the bike......

true, but I think that a slightly narrower stripe that tapers from half the width at the front to full width at the rear would be an improvement. it would enhance and accentuate the lines of the bike.

• Member Contributer

true, but I think that a slightly narrower stripe that tapers from half the width at the front to full width at the rear would be an improvement. it would enhance and accentuate the lines of the bike.

But the bike is thick at the front and narrow at the rear :biggrin:

2007-Honda-InterceptorVFR800FIa.jpg

Archived